Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 205633 times)

BUAProductions

• [Member]
  • Kenura
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 08:32:29 pm »
Last one I saw was... Missed by a Dollar, and I rewatching Fuma Conspiry then Secret of Mamo.
I trying to find a translated version of greenv s red at the moment as well.

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 12:32:09 pm »
Last one I saw was... Missed by a Dollar, and I rewatching Fuma Conspiry then Secret of Mamo.
I trying to find a translated version of greenv s red at the moment as well.

go to animesuki.com under Anime tab click Series and click L

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 02:26:09 pm »
Hm, have watched 'Frankenstein Attacks Lupin' the other day, with a friend. Getting right into the cheesy Halloween mood. :3
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 03:08:21 am »
I just finished Green vs Red.  My impressions?  I...um...er...eh...uh...
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

bauski

• [Member]
    • Playbox
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 05:08:19 am »
I just finished Green vs Red.  My impressions?  I...um...er...eh...uh...

Ha. Yeah, I totally agree with that statement.

Judging by http://www.lupinthethird.net/forums/index.php?topic=503.0, so do most others.

I watched Angel Tactics again yesterday. 6/10. Some of these specials try to fit way too much in, and you get an hour and a quarter long continuity error filled with hot girls. (Not that I'm complaining.) I could've used another 15 minutes of character development from the ladies, and about 5 more minutes on the plot and I would have been more satisfied.

But I'm [not] the director, and I'm thankful for his work.

Anyone know what ova/special/movie that "sweet lost night" on the forum top is?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:08:20 pm by bauski »
"My heads full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy." - Lupin the III, Operation Misslejack

midoco123

• [Member]
  • YA-HA!!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 06:32:49 pm »
uh i geuss the last episode I watched was vault assault, & the last movie I watched was green vs red.

Vault assault was ok, but green vs red was pure suckage (is that a word)
hopefully my final haul boxset will come to my house on friday so i can finally watch more than a snipit clip on google video
When life gives you lemons, you have a few options:
1. Have you're engineers create a combustible lemon.
2. Clone them and make super Lemons.
3. Just squeeze the dang lemons for their juice.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 12:33:12 am »
"Lupin in Paradise".
I never cared for this episode much the first time I saw it, but watching it again now, I really enjoyed it, a lot of lines in the dub had me laughing, such as Jigen's bikini idea and most of what Lupin said while drunk. 9/10
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 01:31:47 am »
"Lupin in Paradise".
I never cared for this episode much the first time I saw it, but watching it again now, I really enjoyed it, a lot of lines in the dub had me laughing, such as Jigen's bikini idea and most of what Lupin said while drunk. 9/10

"Paradise" is definitely one of my favorite episodes, because it was full of great dub lines and Lupin was incredibly lecherous. ;D
Les temps sont durs pour les r

bauski

• [Member]
    • Playbox
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 02:49:41 am »
Just saw Aloha Lupin and Albatross: Wings of Death for the first time. They were on youtube dubbed. I don't understand why they had the kid from Castle in the Sky voice for Lupin.  Everybody else sounded genuine or good (I liked Fujiko's voice actress) but Lupin sounded like he wanted to go to "Laputa" the whole time. :o

Anyone else think that Fujiko turned into Naussica from Valley of the Wind? Guess you can take the dog out of the house, but not the Miyazaki from the Fairy tales...

Aloha Lupin was okay. I thought for like a last finale hurrah it didn't really live up to my standards. (That's what these two episodes were suppose to be right? Miyazaki's hurrah to Lupin?)

Albatross Wings of Death is by far one of my top five Lupin Episodes. Very classic feel, but starts out funny between the three, and then add in Fujiko for action and then cue the evil guy who looks like a mole. Naked Fujiko, Zenigata catching Lupin for a second, Lupin flying a plane, it had everything.

If every episode could learn from this, series 3 wouldn't have sucked so bad.  ;D

I give Albatross Wings of Death a 7/10 and I give that other one a 4/10. The scores are low because I could not hold a suspension of disbelief when it came to Lupin's voice.
"My heads full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy." - Lupin the III, Operation Misslejack

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 05:46:10 pm »
Tutankhamen's 3000-year curse/Cursed Case Scenario (subtitled version) - Maybe it's just the Lupin-shipping fangrrl in me, but seeing Lupin visibly suffering from the curse, even with the way-simple art of this early episode of the 2nd series, really creeps me out. That's *not* a bad thing--it means the creative team really succeeded in the "suspension of disbelief" department. And Yamada's acting, of course, puts it right over the top.

And speaking of which ...

Rewatched Island of Assasins--got about halfway through before I called it a night. Another Lupin property that really hits me in the gut, even despite artwork/character designs that are not my favorites in the world.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:27:38 pm by mizducky »
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

bauski

• [Member]
    • Playbox
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 09:39:38 pm »
Tutankhamen's 3000-year curse/Cursed Case Scenario (subtitled version) - Maybe it's just the Lupin-shipping fangrrl in me, but seeing Lupin visibly suffering from the curse, even with the way-simple art of this early episode of the 2nd series, really creeps me out.

Honestly, it that episode was very well done. I thought that part when he puts on the head and starts laughing and starts laghing maniacal was very creepy. I guess because I could see myself sticking my head into something stupid and acting stupid and then going crazy... :o CREEPY!

Tried to watch RvsG again yesterday. That... did not work, out.

aalong64

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 10:27:46 am »
Just saw Aloha Lupin and Albatross: Wings of Death for the first time. They were on youtube dubbed. I don't understand why they had the kid from Castle in the Sky voice for Lupin.  Everybody else sounded genuine or good (I liked Fujiko's voice actress) but Lupin sounded like he wanted to go to "Laputa" the whole time. :o

Anyone else think that Fujiko turned into Naussica from Valley of the Wind? Guess you can take the dog out of the house, but not the Miyazaki from the Fairy tales...

Aloha Lupin was okay. I thought for like a last finale hurrah it didn't really live up to my standards. (That's what these two episodes were suppose to be right? Miyazaki's hurrah to Lupin?)

Albatross Wings of Death is by far one of my top five Lupin Episodes. Very classic feel, but starts out funny between the three, and then add in Fujiko for action and then cue the evil guy who looks like a mole. Naked Fujiko, Zenigata catching Lupin for a second, Lupin flying a plane, it had everything.

If every episode could learn from this, series 3 wouldn't have sucked so bad.  ;D

I give Albatross Wings of Death a 7/10 and I give that other one a 4/10. The scores are low because I could not hold a suspension of disbelief when it came to Lupin's voice.
I have Aloha Lupin on VHS, but just now I watched Albatross Wings of Death on megavideo.com for the first time, and I'm inclined to agree with you.

It was a great episode, with the perfect blend of humour, action, and great characterization. I thought the voices were pretty good in this one (except for Fujiko). I thought the Lupin, Jigen and Zenigata voices were good, and given time they could probably grow on me, although I don't think they had as much of a unique flavour as the Geneon ones. I thought that Bob Bergen's Lupin was as good as Tony Oliver's, at least for this episode. My problem with Streamline's voices was that since Aloha Lupin was my first exposure to the Streamline cast, I didn't know what the characters were normally supposed to sound like, and so I wasn't sure when it was supposed to be the real Lupin and Zenigata in that episode, and when it was a fake (or in Zenigata's case, Lupin himself). Being familiar with the Streamline cast would've helped a lot, although I did eventually figure it out. I really didn't like that episode much either, just as you said. It didn't feel very 'final', and overall it just wasn't a very satisfying episode to me. It felt pretty short, too, while Albatross felt longer than a normal episode (in a good way). I'd probably give AWOD a 9/10 and Aloha Lupin a 3/10 (might have been one or two points higher if it wasn't supposed to be this big wonderful final send-off for the series).

Sad cactus

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 10:47:32 am »

It was a great episode, with the perfect blend of humour, action, and great characterization. I thought the voices were pretty good in this one (except for Fujiko). I thought the Lupin, Jigen and Zenigata voices were good, and given time they could probably grow on me, although I don't think they had as much of a unique flavour as the Geneon ones. I thought that Bob Bergen's Lupin was as good as Tony Oliver's, at least for this episode. My problem with Streamline's voices was that since Aloha Lupin was my first exposure to the Streamline cast, I didn't know what the characters were normally supposed to sound like, and so I wasn't sure when it was supposed to be the real Lupin and Zenigata in that episode, and when it was a fake (or in Zenigata's case, Lupin himself). Being familiar with the Streamline cast would've helped a lot, although I did eventually figure it out. I really didn't like that episode much either, just as you said. It didn't feel very 'final', and overall it just wasn't a very satisfying episode to me. It felt pretty short, too, while Albatross felt longer than a normal episode (in a good way). I'd probably give AWOD a 9/10 and Aloha Lupin a 3/10 (might have been one or two points higher if it wasn't supposed to be this big wonderful final send-off for the series).

Streamline cast was good, but glad that you like Tony Oliver too! ^__^ I agree with you, that it didn't feel like a final episode. Oo Or at least, it ended on a low. I preferred the ending to the 3rd series, the one with the Ivanov.

Tutankhamen's 3000-year curse/Cursed Case Scenario (subtitled version) - Maybe it's just the Lupin-shipping fangrrl in me, but seeing Lupin visibly suffering from the curse, even with the way-simple art of this early episode of the 2nd series, really creeps me out.

Honestly, it that episode was very well done. I thought that part when he puts on the head and starts laughing and starts laghing maniacal was very creepy. I guess because I could see myself sticking my head into something stupid and acting stupid and then going crazy... :o CREEPY!

The most jarring part of that episode was when the mask is taken off and then you see zombie-esque shadows under Lupin's eyes. Then they add the extra monologue during the halfway point of the episode and it's really disturbing to watch it at night. oO

The last episode I watched was Morocco Horror Picture Show. (Pioneer Disc 6) It really highlights Lupin and Zenigata's special bond, underneath all the threats and insults. When it comes down to life or death, and even when it doesn't come to life or death (The Yam is Mighter than the Sword: Lupin locks Zenigata in the cell but leaves the keys within view, and Tokyo Crisis, where Lupin throws Zenigata a wire so that he can escape from jail) they save each other's skin. The most touching moment in the episode is where Lupin comes back on the train car to save Zenigata from the revolutionaries. I also love the scene when Lupin is imagining himself on the guillotine, bringing up the rare moments when Lupin becomes aware of his own mortality, as resourceful and invincible he comes off to be. Then he feigns that he wants to die in order to avoid it. Choosing his battles, he deceives, dissimulates, then runs like hell, and thus lives another day.

Here's some memorable lines from this episode---I love the anachronisms, though in this particular episode there weren't many.

Lupin: "I've never felt so helpless since the last time I went to Disneyland."

Villager: "They are of the highest quality."
Zenigata: "Well, so are MINE!"

Zenigata: "They'll have water!"
Lupin: "And girls and stuff!"

Lupin, after he and Zenigata evade the villager: "I want a divorce.."

Leader of revolutionaries/foreign legion: "The revolution is a serpent with many heads. Sooner or later it bites you in the ass."

Leader of revolutionaries/foreign legion, meeting Lupin and Zenigata in disguise: "What would I have to pay for her?"
Lupin: "Trust me, ya don't want her."
Leader: "Why not?"
Lupin: "Oh, it's just...that I love her so much!!"
And then Jake Martin makes the most hilarious girly sounds. The Pioneer/Geneon dub cast is top-notch. ^__^

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:40:04 pm by Sad cactus »

bauski

• [Member]
    • Playbox
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2008, 09:10:27 pm »
Wow just saw Fujiko's Unlucky day again. I love it! I think I like Fujiko acting subservient once in a while. I really like the Red Jacket Fujiko best, and usually hate the new Fujiko's in the specials, but this was one where I got to enjoy Fujiko being honest and sweet to Lupin in the beginning, and then for the rest of the movie she's just like "oh whats going on, Lupin-San, so sexy..."  ::)

(click to show/hide)

By far one of the more enjoyable Specials. Good pacing, the story is a little off, good henchman/archnemesis (I thought it almost had a RvG kind of feel). That main bad guy sucked but whatever. I don't want to say too much or I'd have to put more spoiler tags on...

I'll give it a 7/10 on the Lupin Scale, and a 8/10 on the Fujiko scale, and a 10/10 on the bro-love scale.

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 02:40:05 am »
Watched the first two Goemon-centric episodes of the green-jacket series (eps. 5 and 7). Y'know, even though the first series, especially the first 6 (pre-Miyazaki) eps have got this reputation for being darker than the rest, I still found a recognizeably Lupinesque playfulness in them, and in Lupin. And there's also an unpredictable innocence, for lack of a better word, to the story-telling--no surprise, that, I guess, since this series was at the dawn of modern anime and nobody had laid down any tropes or precedents or canon or nuthin'.

It was also fun, since I'm a huge Episode 0 fan, to watch eps 5 and 7 and and reflect on how Ep.0's writers reassembled and transformed the bits of Goemon's original appearances into his subplot in the special.
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html