Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 211246 times)

Alc

• [Member]
  • Oh yeah, have another cigarrette Mr. Fitness!
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2009, 03:54:45 pm »
Oh and this morning I watched ep.12-A Present for the President, SO funny and Lupin throws in a few words in French, I couldn't be any happier, n'est-ce pas?

Don't Lupin, Goemon, and Jigen sing part of the Marseillaise, too?

Hearing Maria's theme from Crisis in Tokyo and Ellen's from Island of Assassins in the Lupin vs. Conan special was pretty jarring. oO; But I guess it makes sense since it's the--what is it, 10th anniversary of Crisis in Tokyo? XD

Also, I'm now convinced that Jigen_knows_EVERYONE.

Really?  We're hear both of their themes?!  That's cool but kinda odd...

It's sort of like in GvR where Yasuo is always listening to the opening of Cagliostro.

Of course Jigen knows EVERYONE!  XD

If Zenigata is the Inspector of Awesomesauce Jigen has to be the master of info.

I mean, what else is Jigen supposed to do while Lupin chases tail?  I guess he's penpals with everyone and goes in chatrooms!   ;D  (I kid...I kid.)

Man, I can't wait until LvC is subbed...I'm eagerly expecting it!  ^_____^

Sad cactus

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2009, 01:18:47 pm »
Yeah, I forgot to mention how much I liked that gag.  That's a good point.  I once heard a theory that if they weren't on opposite sides of the law, Lupin and Zenigata would be an unbeatable criminal team.

I'm waiting for that to happen. XD It won't, but..they should be. And Zenigata already is halfway there--by helping/saving Lupin, sometimes shielding him from the law, or letting him go. Not to mention he's broken the law so much it's almost obscene. XD

If Zenigata is the Inspector of Awesomesauce Jigen has to be the master of info.

I mean, what else is Jigen supposed to do while Lupin chases tail?  I guess he's penpals with everyone and goes in chatrooms!     (I kid...I kid.)

He would have to get his info from somewhere. XD I wouldn't put it beyond him that he goes in chatrooms. I'd imagine he travels in a lot of circles--all around the world, and probably across dimensions. XD

Ersatz

• [Member]
  • *mwah*
    • Taffy Typings
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2009, 01:06:06 pm »
S2, eps. 50 & 51 - 'The Second Time Around' (or 'The Lupin I loved')

(click to show/hide)

Anyway, this was a more than decent double-helping of Lupin and The Gang. Quality.

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2009, 08:52:44 pm »
41.Find Princess Kaguya's Treasure

(click to show/hide)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2009, 08:58:58 pm »
41.Find Princess Kaguya's Treasure
(click to show/hide)
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2009, 08:05:34 pm »
S2, eps. 50 & 51 - 'The Second Time Around' (or 'The Lupin I loved')

This is one of my favorite two-parters. We get a great look at Lupin's backstory and the character development here is really fantastic.

Sad cactus

« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2009, 09:12:02 pm »
Goemon: Great avatar! oO Is that Zantetsuken or did he get wounded by another blade?

Hm..what did I watch last..

"For Larva or Money" XD Zenigata's diet changes from ramen to live insects! Mm...And there was the whole racial issue--one thing I love about Lupin is that from time to time it remarks on social inequality.

Alc

• [Member]
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2009, 12:30:07 pm »
Last thing I watched was "Bye Bye Liberty Crisis."

It was...interesting.  I'm SERIOUSLY wondering of the Three Masons were actually supposed to be a play on the Free Masons.  The subtitles on the copy I watched were from the official Manga Entertainment DVD (yes, apparently this special was dubbed back in 1996...and even though the copy I got SAID it had a dual language track I couldn't figure out how to access the English version) were okay for the most part.  However, every once in a while a word would be repeated or something would be misspelled.

(click to show/hide)

Sad cactus

« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2009, 01:40:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Alc

• [Member]
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2009, 07:44:37 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Sad cactus

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2009, 10:38:44 pm »
XD Goemon's probably a closet pervert.

Fujikogirl23

• The Curiously Curious
  • Part of the Gang
  • "My head is full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy!"
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2009, 11:52:30 pm »
I've seen that one before, but I got the RAW version of it. It was interesting to watch, but I wish I knew what was going on. I can never find it w/ subtitles online.  :(

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2009, 11:27:07 pm »
Wings of Death - Albatross, anyone would figure out that Miyazaki was involved here. Lupin puts a red jacket on and voilà, here's a 20 minute sequel to Cagliostro!
I don't know if this was originally broadcasted on a special night but this is huge, they've definitely put a lot of work in this episode!

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

mc_carter

• [Member]
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2009, 03:11:48 am »
Wings of Death - Albatross, anyone would figure out that Miyazaki was involved here. Lupin puts a red jacket on and voilà, here's a 20 minute sequel to Cagliostro!
I don't know if this was originally broadcasted on a special night but this is huge, they've definitely put a lot of work in this episode!

Do you know where I can find this subed?

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2009, 05:04:58 pm »

Do you know where I can find this subed?
I really don't know, I watched it off one of my red jacket box set, but it HAS to exist somewhere else because I remember seeing some clips in a AMV on youtube with English subs. Plus it's by Miyazaki so there has to be a big interest!