Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 211252 times)

Sad cactus

Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #195 on: July 21, 2009, 05:08:37 am »
The Wind Is Hot in Morocco (ep.30) : What Lupin and Zenigata's relationship is all about.

Thank you, I couldn't agree with you more. ^_^

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2009, 07:41:57 pm »
The Magnificent Team-Play Operation (ep. 137)
I'm surprised that this was done so late in the series, because this is SO classic! I have yet to know if this is based on a manga story. Terrific episode and it'd make a great introduction to a non Lupin connaisseur!

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

rpguidry

• [Member]
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2009, 01:55:37 pm »
Introducing/Coming of Goemon the Thirteenth

Just because I wanted to scene the badass scene with Lupin at the end
(click to show/hide)

Lazymez

• [Member]
    • Flavors.me
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2009, 11:36:13 am »
Fuma Conspiracy and The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure

I tried to convince a friend who had no idea what's going on with Lupin. She was quite annoyed how everyone else are into it, but also a bit curious herself. So I grabbed few DVDs and sat her through them last night. Just this once I thought Castle of Cagliostro or tv episodes were too risky to start with. (picky friend, cough)

Results? I failed horribly. What I got was only confused shrug. I shall pass the buck to another friend, she can try to convince her too. If still no luck, it's giveup time for us, orz.

Sad cactus

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2009, 12:52:06 pm »
Aw, nuts--;_; Well, you tried. : ( There are just some anal people who can't be taken in by Lupin's charm. Maybe she likes sparkly anime, I'm guessing? X_X 

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2009, 02:20:43 pm »
There are just some anal people who can't be taken in by Lupin's charm. Maybe she likes sparkly anime, I'm guessing? X_X 

As a general remark, people who don't dig Lupin don't necessarily have to like 'sparkly anime', whatever that term embodies. I'm aware that you're just guessing, though - and it's true that if something doesn't appeal to the eye at first, most people tend to look elsewhere. Now I don't know her, obviously, but the episodic nature of the Lupin series no doubt can also turn people off who are looking for consistency. Someone at a convention actually told me that the music turned them off (oddly enough) - but, to each his/her own.

Anyway, carry on. :)
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Sad cactus

« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2009, 02:31:06 pm »
As a general remark, people who don't dig Lupin don't necessarily have to like 'sparkly anime', whatever that term embodies.

That's true. ^^; However, there's a tendency that the ones who veer away from Lupin like anime that have beautiful, flowing designs--like they just stepped out of a painting. I was being tongue-in-cheek when I said "sparkly".

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2009, 02:34:50 pm »
However, there's a tendency that the ones who veer away from Lupin like anime that have beautiful, flowing designs--like they just stepped out of a painting.
Yep, true; I acknowledged it in my post above.

I was being tongue-in-cheek when I said "sparkly".
I know - I was just wondering if you had any particular title in mind when you used it. :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:36:54 pm by Ishikawa Goemon »
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

Sad cactus

« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »
I know - I was just wondering if you had any particular title in mind when you used it.

Whoops, sorry for misinterpreting what you said. oO;; I was actually thinking of 5 centimeters per second--the visuals are remarkable-- but there's also DNAngel--Krad and Dark, at least.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2009, 05:44:11 pm »
Fuma Conspiracy and The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure

I tried to convince a friend who had no idea what's going on with Lupin. She was quite annoyed how everyone else are into it, but also a bit curious herself. So I grabbed few DVDs and sat her through them last night. Just this once I thought Castle of Cagliostro or tv episodes were too risky to start with. (picky friend, cough)

Results? I failed horribly. What I got was only confused shrug. I shall pass the buck to another friend, she can try to convince her too. If still no luck, it's giveup time for us, orz.

Maybe you should have tried with First Contact? It's about first encounters of the whole cast, though it's more enjoyable as a prequel for fans. Just a thought.

rpguidry

• [Member]
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2009, 12:18:10 am »
If they don't mind subbed anime I recommend starting people off with First Contact as well.  The animation is very fluid and much newer than the second series.  Horrible animation was at one point the main reason people immediately dismissed Lupin.  More importantly though First Contact introduces the entire cast of Lupin.  It's also more serious in nature than many other specials. 

Lazymez

• [Member]
    • Flavors.me
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2009, 08:18:18 am »
Apparently I caused something to happen after all. Yesterday she watched Lupin vs Conan "for lulz", she said (and ofcourse found it pretty idiotic). Then today I spy her listening Yuji Ohno. But she wont admit anything aloud. She never does when I recommend something for her. :D

Since so many of you mentioned First Contact, I gave her the recommendation to check it out. I personally have technical problems with it so it was not an option when I showed her those movies few nights ago. My TV is really old semiflat which heats really bad and has terrible contrast burns (but it was FREE and big! Free tv is always a big yay!) making any darker toned movies almost impossible to watch. And First Contact counts as movie with too dark colourchart. :/

To stay in topic:
I just watched first four Pink Jacket episodes with subs. Looking fairly good and interesting this far. I'll continue with them after making some lunch.

Sad cactus

« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2009, 11:51:37 am »
Sounds like your friend is a tough nut to crack, but glad to hear that you're making headway with her as far as the music goes. XD

Glad you like what you've seen so far of the pink jacket series. ^^

NightCat

• [Member]
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2009, 01:44:02 pm »
I just rewatched the Red Jacket episode Lion, Cheatin', and Stealin'. Improbable mechanics aside,
(click to show/hide)
I love this episode. I think it really highlights the friendship between Lupin, Jigen, and Zenigata and what lengths they would go to for each other in desperate situations.

I also can't help but love the "ejector pants"  :D. That line makes me crack up every time.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2009, 04:07:48 am »
Dead or Alive
First off, I really liked the art direction and overall feel to the movie.  The plot was intriguing, too.  The facial designs for the characters were fantastic, although I felt the men seemed to be a bit too "buff" at times, and the baggier style of clothing was a bit of a departure from the norm. 
There were a lot of funny moments, and the animation (especially during the fight at the end) was awesome, and it felt, at times, like a more serious, extra-long chapter of World's Most Wanted.  There's some crowning moments here, mostly from Lupin and Zenigata.
However, there is one major flaw that stopped me from putting it up there with Mamo and Cagliostro: where the heck is Lupin? 
Similar to Lupin vs Conan, the main cast gets pushed aside in order to let an original character grace the screen.  Not only that, but for the most part, her scenes move a lot slower than the ones featuring Lupin and Co., dragging the movie out a bit.
7/10
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)