Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 212189 times)

Sad cactus

Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2009, 10:15:57 am »
I just rewatched the Red Jacket episode Lion, Cheatin', and Stealin'. Improbable mechanics aside,
(click to show/hide)
I love this episode. I think it really highlights the friendship between Lupin, Jigen, and Zenigata and what lengths they would go to for each other in desperate situations.

There was a scene in Family Guy when Peter tries to hitch a ride in a kangaroo pouch, and his girth kills her. So it makes sense that
(click to show/hide)
because they're a lot lighter. : )

I completely agree about this being one of the episodes that showed the bond between Lupin, Jigen, and Zenigata. I find it interesting that Lupin was the one who was initially hostile, and Jigen convinced him to help Zeni. My favorite part is where Zenigata returns the favor by

(click to show/hide)
Talk about obstruction of justice. XD

I also can't help but love the "ejector pants"  :D. That line makes me crack up every time.

Best Lupin-is-about-to-take-off-his-pants line ever. ^^
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:18:36 am by Sad cactus »

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2009, 08:57:19 pm »
Crisis in Tokyo. This is the tv special I've seen the most times, I saw it for the first time two weeks after being introduced to Lupin with Cagliostro and although these two are very, very different from each others, they feature similar details : Fujiko communicating with Lupin through a postcard, Lupin hiding something under his collar and Zenigata having his jutte. I mean they haven't used this that often throughout the series, anyway they certainly helped make the connection with Cagliostro. Very funny special with Zenigata having lots of screentime, poor Jigen and Goemon losing their 'powers' and one-timer Maria being a very fun, lovable character. The very first tv special I saw and still one of my favorites, I could listen to the closing theme all day!
I'll say it again : Goemon looks super cute in this one! ;)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Sad cactus

« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2009, 09:15:23 pm »
Yay, another one who likes Maria! ^^

Huh..I never noticed those similarities between Crisis in Tokyo and Castle of Cagliostro! Funny how you phrase that: "Jigen and Goemon losing their 'powers'". XD Jigen and Goemon were in such a bad mood for most of the special..^^ "Akogare" is a beautiful song--I wish that some of Maria's music wasn't re-used in Lupin vs. Conan. : ( Zenigata's working together with Lupin was even more satisfying in Crisis in Tokyo than in Cagliostro, though, since Zenigata wasn't a cop--depending on the version "at the moment", or "anymore". XD

desperate4loopin

• [Member]
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2009, 01:32:15 am »
Apparently I caused something to happen after all. Yesterday she watched Lupin vs Conan "for lulz", she said (and ofcourse found it pretty idiotic). Then today I spy her listening Yuji Ohno. But she wont admit anything aloud. She never does when I recommend something for her. :D

Since so many of you mentioned First Contact, I gave her the recommendation to check it out. I personally have technical problems with it so it was not an option when I showed her those movies few nights ago. My TV is really old semiflat which heats really bad and has terrible contrast burns (but it was FREE and big! Free tv is always a big yay!) making any darker toned movies almost impossible to watch. And First Contact counts as movie with too dark colourchart. :/

my friend introduced me to Lupin starting with the first episodes of the red jacket series. you can never go wrong with that. I also decided to spread the love by showing the first few episodes of red jacket to another friend who's never been exposed to it and followed it up with the Secret of Mamo. He is now a full fledged Lupin fan  ;D

back on topic, I actually just watched the secret of mamo a few hours ago. I just love that film so much. especially the way Lupin kisses Fujiko at the end.

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2009, 09:37:24 am »
If you want a direct connection with the Castle of Cagliostro, then watch 1997 TV Special Island of Assassins(ori. title: In Memory of Walther P-38), where they show a clip of newspaper article talking about the "disappearance" of Count of Cagliostro "last year" with his picture.  ;)

Sad cactus

« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2009, 05:14:25 pm »
Yay, Secret of Mamo! XD I'm glad that you enjoyed that one, too. ^^ "The way Lupin kisses Fujiko at the end"? The kiss itself or the thing that followed the kiss? ^^;

desperate4loopin

• [Member]
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2009, 01:14:46 am »
Yay, Secret of Mamo! XD I'm glad that you enjoyed that one, too. ^^ "The way Lupin kisses Fujiko at the end"? The kiss itself or the thing that followed the kiss? ^^;

everything! I really dug the art style. when Lupin goes to kiss Fujiko I giggled because he reminded me of the wolf character from tex avery cartoons. And of course when he touches her in an immature way made me crack up.

Sad cactus

« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2009, 10:22:04 am »
everything! I really dug the art style. when Lupin goes to kiss Fujiko I giggled because he reminded me of the wolf character from tex avery cartoons. And of course when he touches her in an immature way made me crack up.

That's great that you liked the art style. That style makes all the characters larger than life. ^^ Tex Avery cartoons? Maybe that would explain the scene where he's howling at the moon to get Flinch to unlock the door. XD Oh, yeah--and after that then the missiles start falling. Something always happens when Lupin and Fujiko start to have fun. ^^;

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2009, 08:29:21 am »
I've watched the redjacket series episode "Go For The Oildollar/Sheik-Down" some time ago, and that episode was pretty amusing.

Sheesh, what's with all these "the 3rd" characters anyway (Not counting Lupin himself, first, there was Sharku the 3rd, then Sherlock Holmes the 3rd)? Well, at least Lawrence the 3rd was a well-developed character, as well as a total d**che.
(click to show/hide)

Lupin + laxative = Most painful experience ever! XD But heck, what would you do to remove an explosive pill from the inside of your tummy?

All in all, very amusing indeed.
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

Sad cactus

« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2009, 09:16:51 pm »
Sheesh, what's with all these "the 3rd" characters anyway (Not counting Lupin himself, first, there was Sharku the 3rd, then Sherlock Holmes the 3rd)? Well, at least Lawrence the 3rd was a well-developed character, as well as a total d**che.

Oh, yeah--and there was also Phantoma Mark III, who

(click to show/hide)

There was also a descendant of Napoleon, but he was a lot farther removed from Napoleon I.

And I agree with you, Lawrence III was a complete douche.

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #220 on: August 09, 2009, 08:50:31 pm »
Dead or Alive
First off, I really liked the art direction and overall feel to the movie.  The plot was intriguing, too.  The facial designs for the characters were fantastic, although I felt the men seemed to be a bit too "buff" at times, and the baggier style of clothing was a bit of a departure from the norm. 
There were a lot of funny moments, and the animation (especially during the fight at the end) was awesome, and it felt, at times, like a more serious, extra-long chapter of World's Most Wanted.  There's some crowning moments here, mostly from Lupin and Zenigata.
However, there is one major flaw that stopped me from putting it up there with Mamo and Cagliostro: where the heck is Lupin? 
Similar to Lupin vs Conan, the main cast gets pushed aside in order to let an original character grace the screen.  Not only that, but for the most part, her scenes move a lot slower than the ones featuring Lupin and Co., dragging the movie out a bit.
7/10

That's my biggest gripe with the film as well. Lupin and the gang almost take a backseat to the side story, which isn't really that interesting to begin with. It's a good film but it could have been better in that aspect.

Geist_MD

• Boogie Woogie Loog Shugie!
  • [Member]
  • The Coiled Shuffler
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2009, 11:30:29 pm »
That's my biggest gripe with the film as well. Lupin and the gang almost take a backseat to the side story, which isn't really that interesting to begin with. It's a good film but it could have been better in that aspect.

Heh, you could really say that about quite a few of the Lupin works as a whole.
1-888-SPY-HARD

lupinthe3rd1

• [Member]
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2009, 08:44:22 pm »
bye bye liberty crisis

well i watched the dub =[ because i didnt feel like sitting and reading lol the dub kind of sucks lol like lupin didnt sound like lupin. they called him wolf lol. but i got past all that because ive seen the sub too.so id say jap 8/10  eng 7/10 it kind of showed a different side of lupin compared to all the other special eps.i like how he deals with the kid.yea lol it was pretty good.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2009, 09:51:19 am »
Who's Vroomin' Who?

Not a bad episode at all.  A lot of funny dub lines and it's always fun to see Lupin racing.  I get the impression that it's something he really loves.  Zenigata's appearance felt a bit forced, but I can't help but be amused by Goemon vs the slot machines. 8/10
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2009, 03:40:02 am »
'Find Princess Kaguya's Treasure'

(click to show/hide)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!