Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 211952 times)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2009, 02:31:25 pm »
The Case of the Risible Dirigible

A very fun episode.  I really enjoyed the mystery feel to it, and felt that the English dub did a spectacular job with it.
(click to show/hide)
By the way, does anyone know if Phillip Archer and Kosuke Kindani were based on detectives like Holmes, or were they original characters?
Either way, a great episode. 9/10
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2009, 08:58:03 pm »
112.Goemon's Last Call

(click to show/hide)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2009, 10:09:05 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Madame and a Thieves' Quartet. (92) All throughout, a visiting friend who is new to watching Lupin complained that the old lady was dense, and that so/too many impossible things were happening. Had to tell her several times that Lupin's very often about the suspension of disbelief - that's the way to enjoy it. :)
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2009, 09:06:01 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Madame and a Thieves' Quartet. (92) All throughout, a visiting friend who is new to watching Lupin complained that the old lady was dense, and that so/too many impossible things were happening. Had to tell her several times that Lupin's very often about the suspension of disbelief - that's the way to enjoy it. :)
(click to show/hide)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2009, 08:39:17 pm »
What is 'Paris is for Thieves' about, again? I'm unable to remember it by its title.
Lupin's neighbor, a girl named Fran├žoise challenges him to put a jewel she has stolen back at its place. She loves Lupin so much that she even named her dog after him, who also happens to look like him! lol

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2009, 08:45:08 pm »
Oh and the last episode I've watched is 'Operation Great Wall of China Invader' (ep.93).
You know, Jigen may be my favorite character but Lupin sure is not that far behind, he's so, so cute in this episode!  ;D

Btw I don't know every episode by name, I just go on www.lupinencyclopedia.com. ;)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2009, 01:20:35 am »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2009, 04:55:49 am »
Just watched the 2005 Lupin TV special, Angel's Tactics. Great stuff, filled with that Lupin style, very fun but also with some good drama, and some great Lupin & Zenigata action.  8)

Question for folks watching episodes after 79 of Lupin series two. Are you watching it with English subtitles? Unfortunately, I've never seen after 79 since the only option there is the bootleg HK DVDs with pretty spotty translation.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:57:24 am by Psycho_Kenshin »

blackjacket

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2009, 02:49:26 pm »
Just watched the 2005 Lupin TV special, Angel's Tactics. Great stuff, filled with that Lupin style, very fun but also with some good drama, and some great Lupin & Zenigata action.  8)

The Are 51 sequence in Angels' Tactics was definitely one of the best and coolest opening sequences.

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2009, 06:42:50 am »
Finally, finally, finally got to watch the Lupin vs. Conan special. Still sorting out my reactions. First reaction was, man, that plot was all over the place! Lots and lots of details and layers, and kind of bumpily laid out. Yet ultimately, I think this thing was not so much about the plot as giving the two sets of characters ample opportunity to do all of their favorite stock bits, to have entertaining interactions with each other, and even occasionally make fun of their stock bits and their interactions. The problem is, some of the bits were more successful than others, and some were kind of a little too obviously meant as show-stoppers.

(click to show/hide)

Ah well. Maybe when I watch it a second time, it won't seem quite so uneven to me. Still, even though it was a bit of a shaggy dog story on first viewing, I'm inclined to like the thing as good silly entertainment, and an excuse for nearly all the characters to strut their stuff. And ya gotta love that bonus after-the-credits scene. Poor Conan, you may be smart but Lupin pwned you--several different ways.

P.S. Re the discussion in another thread about whether this flick is in lieu of this year's official Lupin special--while it actually feels more like a Detective Conan story with Lupin elements in than the other way around, the fact that the entire soundtrack, including the opening and closing themes, is Lupin music suggests to me that TMS is counting this as this year's Lupin special. (I also heard the special theme songs from Tokyo Crisis and Island of Assasins go by.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 06:46:29 am by mizducky »
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2009, 07:03:23 pm »
Lupin, Whom I Loved, (ep 50 & 51)

(click to show/hide)

Psycho_Kenshin

• Part of the Gang
  • Fujiko is super hot, Lupin is uber cool
    • My profile on MyAnimeList.net (including Lupin reviews!)
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2009, 02:47:38 pm »
Just watched $1 Money Wars (Missed By A Dollar), haven't watched that one since the DVD came out, so I forgot most of the details. Very cool Lupin special,

(click to show/hide)

aalong64

« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2009, 09:51:28 pm »
I just finished watching "Strange Psychokinetic Strategy". Oh my god. That movie is insane. In a very good way. That movie made me laugh so much I had trouble breathing, which is pretty rare.

I highly recommend that anybody who hasn't already seen it, do so immediately. You might probably won't like it, as I've got a pretty weird sense of humour, but all the bizarre little bits in it really make it a very funny movie for me. One of the funniest Lupin-related things I've seen, if not the single funniest.

Not necessarily my favourite Lupin movie/episode/special though, not by a long shot, but probably the funniest. In a different way than most.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 09:51:49 pm by aalong64 »

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #239 on: October 04, 2009, 04:28:37 pm »
The Rose and The Pistol (ep.26) :

(click to show/hide)