Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 211250 times)

aalong64

Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2010, 02:58:26 pm »
Yeah, I felt that way too. I might even say it's one of my least favourites, of all the episodes I've seen so far, although that's probably more just because of the expectations one has going into it. It's definitely pretty disappointing as a series finale.

Miyazaki's other red jacket episode was great-- I'd almost rather that it were switched so that "Albatross Wings of Death" was the final episode, and "Aloha Lupin" was #145. The Albatross one doesn't really feel any more like a 'final' episode, but at least it's really fun, which is more than I can say for "Aloha Lupin".
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:01:08 pm by aalong64 »

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #286 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:19 pm »
Miyazaki's other red jacket episode was great-- I'd almost rather that it were switched so that "Albatross Wings of Death" was the final episode, and "Aloha Lupin" was #145. The Albatross one doesn't really feel any more like a 'final' episode, but at least it's really fun, which is more than I can say for "Aloha Lupin".
I have to agree with you. I'd prefer 145 be the finale too. Hell, it's not like Aloha, Lupin had any feel of a finale either. The only thing that felt like a finale was the actual final scene with Lupin & co. driving off by the sunset, lol.

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2010, 04:41:55 pm »
3rd Series Episode 13: "Play a Joke on the Variation" Unsubbed

This is probably the only episode of the 3rd series i've managed to watch all the way through. And boy was it weird!
The episode starts with Lupin joining Fujiko on a diamond heist, only to find out that
(click to show/hide)
(Bear with me, i'm not very good at explaining the plot of an untranslated episode)
What really puzzled me was the ending. Sure, the whole story gets wrapped up near the end but
(click to show/hide)
And i was like... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?Was it supposed to be a plot device for a later episode or did the creators just randomly throw that in?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:43:35 pm by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

Sad cactus

« Reply #288 on: March 05, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »
Thank you for sharing the synopsis of that episode--I have the entire third series and it's all raw. ^^;

Ahhh, so that's what was happening at the end----the crow has the last word? oO

For some reason, the third series is very bird-heavy. Who knows why?

Am I the only one who gets weirded out when Lupin:

(click to show/hide)

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #289 on: March 05, 2010, 08:29:32 pm »
@Sad Cactus- Ewww. That's pretty gross. And very un-Lupin-like IMO.

desperate4loopin

• [Member]
« Reply #290 on: March 08, 2010, 01:57:28 pm »
i found the Return of Pycal dvd at a little japanese owned book and movie shop in nyc and it turned out to have english subtitles.
i really liked the art style in this film and the story despite some parts looking a little silly at times.

(click to show/hide)

but green jacket lupin has grown on me and i think it's pretty cool that he's a little more intense and serious than in red jacket. pycal was a favorite villain of mine from the first series and i found him to be a sympathetic character. i missed zenigata in this one though.

also
(click to show/hide)

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2010, 06:30:01 pm »
'Lupin Vs. the Mystery Man with Two Faces' (ep.130), an ode to my favorite painter, Salvador Dali!
(click to show/hide)
A very silly episode but hey, I got these two reasons to enjoy it!  ;D

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Sad cactus

« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2010, 10:43:52 am »
@Gozar: I guess it was showing Lupin and his tough survival instincts--and he has butted heads with several animals before but you're right, that seemed kind of out of character.

Last one I saw was "Days Without the Old Man" episode 98. I watched it on Blu-Ray and it was very shiny. I love this episode because of the intrigue within Interpol, and how Lupin and co. save

(click to show/hide)

It's also very touching when Lupin. Jigen, and Goemon escape, and then Zenigata at first gets angry in his usual way but then salutes them, yet more evidence of Zenigata's admiration for Lupin.

Next is "The Combat Magnum Scattered in the Wasteland"..: )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:45:48 am by Sad cactus »

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2010, 05:21:18 pm »
Last one I saw was "Days Without the Old Man" episode 98. I watched it on Blu-Ray and it was very shiny.

How exactly were you able to watch it on Blu-Ray?

Sad cactus

« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2010, 09:05:22 pm »
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPXY-71031

Eps 97-102 on Blu-Ray. It's not subtitled and it's over $50, so I assume it's legit.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:07:44 pm by Sad cactus »

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2010, 02:07:13 pm »
I've had another go at Moe yo Zantetsuken/Dragon of Doom and, after carefully following the plot, i realized this TV-special has a recurring theme: Irony! There are many scenes in the special that point towards certain cases of irony: The mentioning of the Titanic (a ship thought to be unsinkable, only to be stuck by an iceberg and sink),
(click to show/hide)
and finally
(click to show/hide)
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2010, 02:50:44 pm »
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPXY-71031

Eps 97-102 on Blu-Ray. It's not subtitled and it's over $50, so I assume it's legit.

Yeah, I've been around CDJapan quite a lot these days. It's where Kaitou Fansubs bought the Part I BD box from.

It is legit, but I was actually hoping you'd bought some of the Part II BDs--I'm looking for people to provide those videos for subbing right now, heh.

Oh well~ ;D

Murasaki

• [Member]
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2010, 10:45:46 am »
I saw The Legend of Twilight Gemini yesterday...Again.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2010, 01:23:18 am »
Watched "The Secret of Mamo" last night with Michelle. I've gotta say...It's been a while since I've seen it and I forgot how absolutely funny it is...I watched it (Geneon) Dubbed and I think my opinion on Tony Oliver's Lupin has changed. When I first watched the Movie I felt he didn't pull off the serious moments well. But now I actually really enjoyed his performance.

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2010, 11:01:29 pm »
Watched "The Secret of Mamo" last night with Michelle. I've gotta say...It's been a while since I've seen it and I forgot how absolutely funny it is...I watched it (Geneon) Dubbed and I think my opinion on Tony Oliver's Lupin has changed. When I first watched the Movie I felt he didn't pull off the serious moments well. But now I actually really enjoyed his performance.

Wait, which movie did Tony Oliver play Lupin in other than Mamo?!