Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 211957 times)

kendricktamis

• [Member]
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2010, 02:35:48 am »
I saw Legend of Twilight Gemini last night in my PC..  I see three time will be four time tomorrow. 
It is my favourite. I like all Characters of Twilight Gemini.

Zenifan

• [Member]
  • :D
« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2010, 02:43:34 am »
Just finished watching all of Green Jacket and 1-79 of Red Jacket for the first time within the last week.  I haven't got to the specials or movies yet as I want to see everything in order, so I'm kind of stuck while I try to find the rest of Red Jacket before I can continue on.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2010, 08:16:57 pm »
Watched "The Secret of Mamo" last night with Michelle. I've gotta say...It's been a while since I've seen it and I forgot how absolutely funny it is...I watched it (Geneon) Dubbed and I think my opinion on Tony Oliver's Lupin has changed. When I first watched the Movie I felt he didn't pull off the serious moments well. But now I actually really enjoyed his performance.

Wait, which movie did Tony Oliver play Lupin in other than Mamo?!
None. Just Mamo.

m-o

• [Member]
« Reply #303 on: March 21, 2010, 06:19:13 pm »
i saw walther p38 a few days ago. cool movie.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #304 on: March 21, 2010, 08:09:25 pm »
Watched the Orders to Assassinate Lupin yesterday...All I have to say is...

Be careful. You may one day fall in love with a woman who tried to kill you because you killed her father because he tried to kill you. =P

I mean really...The first time I watched it it didn't bother me. But this time...C'mon...That was so ridiculously forced, lol.

Jing

• [Member]
« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2010, 09:15:50 pm »
Watched "The Secret of Mamo" last night with Michelle. I've gotta say...It's been a while since I've seen it and I forgot how absolutely funny it is...I watched it (Geneon) Dubbed and I think my opinion on Tony Oliver's Lupin has changed. When I first watched the Movie I felt he didn't pull off the serious moments well. But now I actually really enjoyed his performance.

Wait, which movie did Tony Oliver play Lupin in other than Mamo?!
None. Just Mamo.

Oh, I misread that. That's what I thought...

Thought you meant you thought his performance changed between movies or something. :o

I just watched episode 45 of the Red Jacket series while looking for the mp3 of the second OP with vocals, which I still can't seem to find. :-\

m-o

• [Member]
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2010, 03:05:45 pm »

Be careful. You may one day fall in love with a woman who tried to kill you because you killed her father because he tried to kill you. =P

I mean really...The first time I watched it it didn't bother me. But this time...C'mon...That was so ridiculously forced, lol.

sometimes when you watch a movie for second time, third time... makes you feel different sensations than the very first time (in fact that happens with everything in life). but i think the story isn't bad at all, maybe forced as you say, but  maybe is the only way the find to create a story with some substance.

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2010, 03:26:39 pm »
Watched Ai no Da Capo ~Fujiko's Unlucky Days~ last night. I found the English dub of this special pretty mediocre compared to the other 90's specials, thus i prefer to watch it in Japanese.

In my opinion, this is one of those specials that reminds me why i like Lupin; because he can be a true gentleman at times.
It's the way Lupin treats the vulnerable amnesic Fujiko for most of the special that always gets me.
It's just so heart-warming.
Also, i couldn't resist making up Hulk-related jokes when
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:28:04 pm by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2010, 04:53:55 pm »

sometimes when you watch a movie for second time, third time... makes you feel different sensations than the very first time (in fact that happens with everything in life). but i think the story isn't bad at all, maybe forced as you say, but  maybe is the only way the find to create a story with some substance.
No, no you misunderstand. I actually really like the plot in the Special. It's just that Jigen/Karen romance that I found ridiculous.

m-o

• [Member]
« Reply #309 on: March 26, 2010, 08:35:49 am »
i finally had the chance to watch "seven days rhapsody" yesterday. as gozar told me in other post is a very good movie. good story, lots of action, bullets, and those moments only fujiko can give to me! it's also great that jigen has his "own" story in the movie. i wish i had seen it before.

Sad cactus

« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2010, 12:02:11 am »
Glad you liked Seven Days Rhapsody, too. : ) Visually, I thought it was really impressive.

Last special  I watched...Elusiveness of the Fog with subtitles. I really love this one and find it re-watchable--I think I've seen it four times now. : ) That said I finally understand how the different parts of the story connect, and now it's clearer than the first three times I watched it. ^^ Still, I'm glad that Jigen brings up the plot hole in the end:

(click to show/hide)

Maybe it's a cop-out that Lupin asks, in futility, for Mamo, who's back in the future, to explain it, but then that also prevented it from getting too heady--Noein, anyone? o____O

(click to show/hide)

Unless, once Mamo Kyosuke sent Lupin and co. back in time, that created a split in time so that Mamo was travelling the same trajectory along which everything happened with Lupin and co. and he was just moving back and forth along that same timeline--so Mamo Kyosuke just moves to a point slightly in the future where the rock disappears, a little after the story. Then that makes perfect sense.

But then, before that moment where Lupin and co. get sent back in time, if Jigen is right,
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Anyway, what I like about the special is that Lupin and co. get tangled in the middle of something big, an inter-village war, and you get to see a range of emotion---sympathy with the other side, ruthless ambition on the part of the chancellor
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

What else appealed to me was the tough, survivalist personality of Fujiko's ancestor, that makes you wonder if under different circumstances, Fujiko would be a much more outwardly hardened woman than she is now.

(click to show/hide)
It reminded me of his relationship with Conan in Lvs.C.

I also liked the intensity--
(click to show/hide)
I don't ever remember them showing a kid bleeding before.

Something funny I liked in the special was

(click to show/hide)
Maybe Lupin also wants to hook Goemon up?

And something else I found notable about the special was

(click to show/hide)

I loved
(click to show/hide)
oO I mean, that takes skill. XD

Finally, the brief but sexy arrangement of Zantetsuken, with the trumpets. oO I mean, it wasn't actually sexy, like steamy sexy, but you get my point. x_0

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:09:52 am by Sad cactus »

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2010, 01:14:04 am »
Started watching Pursue Harimao's Treasure just a few minutes ago. But poor Michelle was about to doze off. So we're gonna watch it tomorrow instead. Been a while since I've watched this one.

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2010, 01:37:03 am »
I saw Legend of Twilight Gemini last night in my PC..  I see three time will be four time tomorrow. 
It is my favourite. I like all Characters of Twilight Gemini.

This one to me is a love or hate case because it's so different from the rest!

(click to show/hide)

I myself saw Bye Bye Liberty Crisis, which was my first first-time viewing in a while. I was exicted because this was the first of now MANY tv specials.

(click to show/hide)

I wish they'd release more First Haul boxsets, they'd have more than enough material to put on them! Why have they started in 1992?  ???
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:55:45 am by gothichyppie »

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2010, 02:07:01 am »
Actually, FUNi started with the 1993 Special.

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2010, 02:42:47 am »
Actually, FUNi started with the 1993 Special.
Oops, yeah you're right! But it's still inconsistent! Speaking of which, why two theatrical features amongst them?  ???
Anyway, I'd buy anything to have more 'official' dvd's in my collection!

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!