Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 211238 times)

J B

• Part of the Gang
    • http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3154/65555664.jpg
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #330 on: April 29, 2010, 11:14:35 pm »
Last night, I saw that Red Jacket series episode "Hell Toupee" again. I actually liked this one, it was funny, yet serious at the same time, a good example of the best of the series. It kind of had that fake Nazi thing going on too, especially with the enemy of Lupin in that episode, a bald, toupee (wig) donning, short and fat, bumbling, Hitler-esque general.

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #331 on: April 30, 2010, 01:29:51 am »
Last night, I saw that Red Jacket series episode "Hell Toupee" again. I actually liked this one, it was funny, yet serious at the same time, a good example of the best of the series. It kind of had that fake Nazi thing going on too, especially with the enemy of Lupin in that episode, a bald, toupee (wig) donning, short and fat, bumbling, Hitler-esque general.
That's one of my favorite episodes!
(click to show/hide)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

J B

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2010, 01:26:04 am »
I recently watched episode 30 again of the second series, Morocco Horror Picture Show. It's definitely one of my top favorites. It's essentially one where Lupin and Zenigata cooperate to survive and escape from a rebel military base in Morocco, with hilarious results!

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2010, 02:12:49 am »
I recently watched episode 30 again of the second series, Morocco Horror Picture Show. It's definitely one of my top favorites. It's essentially one where Lupin and Zenigata cooperate to survive and escape from a rebel military base in Morocco, with hilarious results!
I love that one as well.
(click to show/hide)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

J B

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2010, 11:36:51 pm »
Yeah, I noticed The Good, the Bad and the Ugly reference too, to the scene where Tuco (Eli Wallach) tries to break free from his chains after killing the train guard. Lupin and Zenigata both wanted to break their chains a similar way, but Zenigata was ON THE TRACKS... yikes.

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2010, 12:53:17 am »
Yeah it's a bit more risky than in the film because they're both conscious! ;)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:55:25 am by gothichyppie »

J B

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2010, 03:37:35 am »
I watched Tokyo Crisis. It was pretty good actually, but not a Castle of Cagliostro. Probably one of the best specials though.

BetweentheWorlds

• [Member]
  • (Insert Theme Song Here)
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2010, 02:27:27 pm »
I watched Tokyo Crisis. It was pretty good actually, but not a Castle of Cagliostro. Probably one of the best specials though.

I just bought that one. I've still got to wait for it to arrive but now you've got me excited again! (Jumps up and down many times like a six year old on a sugar rush) I bought the Castle of Cagliostro and got my whole family to watch it! (With my Dad, I had to bet that our baseball team would lose when we were 3 ahead to make him watch it...guess what? He lost!)
Without the possibility of failure there can be no success.

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2010, 05:37:28 pm »
That's the first special that I saw and it remains one of my favorites! It's without a doubt one of the funniest! Maria is such a lovable character too, she's up there with Clarisse and Murasaki! ;)
*still regrets selling her copy for the First Haul set*

EDIT : I just saw Lupin Vs Conan. I didn't understand all of it but I did enjoy the balance in it, most of the characters are under the Lupin design but the plot revolves around the Conan characters. But Zenigata and Goemon REALLY made themselves wait, I've never been more happy to see them! I liked Fujiko in this with her role as a 'big sister', she was very mature. Jigen with a kid is always funny and akward and the flashback at the end definitely had a Cagliostro feel to it, plus it officially sets the green jacket before the red!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:03:44 pm by gothichyppie »

Dots Salchow

• Actually Dots Salchow
  • Part of the Gang
  • That's Dots to you!
    • Tumblr blog
« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2010, 03:47:27 pm »
Secret of The Twilight Gemini (uncensored version, Japanese w/ eng. subs)

I had pretty low expectations for this special after all the stuff i heard down the grapevine about it. Despite that, i enjoyed the special from beginning to end.
Since most of the special takes place in Morocco, some scenes felt like a little throwback to films such as Raiders of the Lost Ark and Casablanca.
(click to show/hide)

What i found one of the more memorable scenes is when
(click to show/hide)
I've never seen Lupin so worried over a lady's life hanging in the balance before. It's just so touching...

For the ending, i expected the usual pattern, but instead it threw me for a loop and left me confused as to whether i should applaud or smash the screen in pissed-off fashion. I won't spoil it, but to anyone who's gonna watch it, prepare yourself for the biggest OMGWTF?! moment in the whole franchise.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 04:04:02 pm by geckogirl191 »
Often caught but never held for long, Lupin III brought the gentleman-thief into this century with his hi-tech antics and old-world charm.
~Helen McCarthy, 500 Manga Heroes & Villains

BetweentheWorlds

• [Member]
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2010, 06:37:45 pm »
Tokyo Crisis and First Contact just came though the post the other day.

One word:

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2010, 09:12:52 pm »
One word:
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tokyo Crisis may not please everyone but I can't picture a fan not enjoying First Contact!
They're both in my TVSP top 5.

bolt7

• Part of the Gang
  • Gaffer @ Lupin Central
    • Lupin Central
« Reply #342 on: May 31, 2010, 09:32:11 pm »
I've recently been watching the TV Specials / OVA's, and out of all of the ones I've seen so far 'The Fuma Conspiracy' has been the best / most fun to watch imo. It seems to favour a more simplistic storyline with 'slapstick' comedy over that of the other specials, but along with the beautiful animation and brilliant car chase, I think it has been by far the best. ;D I know a lot aren't keen on it because of the lack of usual music and voice actors, but I say it only adds to the uniqueness of the OVA, and personally I even preferred it to Cagliostro. :-X

My other favourites so far have been the 'Lupin vs Conan' special and 'Stolen Lupin.' Looking forward to watching some more of them during the summer. :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:32:52 pm by bolt7 »

BetweentheWorlds

• [Member]
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2010, 11:03:24 pm »
One word:
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tokyo Crisis may not please everyone but I can't picture a fan not enjoying First Contact!

Yeah, the only thing that bothered me about Tokyo Crisis though, is that in the English Dubbed version, Pops called "Lupin"..uh..."Lupin" as in Loo-Pin in stead of the usual "Loo-Pon"....(Recalls an old trailer for Lupin III on the days of Adult Swim) In fact, I think they used a clip from Tokyo Crisis when he called him Loo-Pin...Hmmm.....

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #344 on: May 31, 2010, 11:21:57 pm »
One word:
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, the only thing that bothered me about Tokyo Crisis though, is that in the English Dubbed version, Pops called "Lupin"..uh..."Lupin" as in Loo-Pin in stead of the usual "Loo-Pon"....(Recalls an old trailer for Lupin III on the days of Adult Swim) In fact, I think they used a clip from Tokyo Crisis when he called him Loo-Pin...Hmmm.....
I'm free from that, I never watch anything dubbed unless I'm with my parents, give the original version a go!