Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 212215 times)

BetweentheWorlds

• [Member]
  • (Insert Theme Song Here)
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #345 on: May 31, 2010, 11:23:58 pm »
Ok. I'll give it a shot...

(looks at the calandar)

Ahgg....After my math final next week that is...And my Archyology Exam....And...Oh CRAP, I forgot to revise two of my essays! (Dashes off)
Without the possibility of failure there can be no success.

J B

• Part of the Gang
    • http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3154/65555664.jpg
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2010, 04:01:31 am »
I watched Castle of Cagliostro again. I still agree with Steven Spielberg saying it's "one of the greatest adventure movies ever made."  :)

Just a heads up, iTunes has it now, but it's an English dub. I never watched any of the English dubs of it (subtitled version instead), but I'm wondering what you think of their particular voice acting.

BetweentheWorlds

• [Member]
  • (Insert Theme Song Here)
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2010, 09:17:20 am »
I watched Castle of Cagliostro again. I still agree with Steven Spielberg saying it's "one of the greatest adventure movies ever made."  :)

Just a heads up, iTunes has it now, but it's an English dub. I never watched any of the English dubs of it (subtitled version instead), but I'm wondering what you think of their particular voice acting.

I really liked the guy who played Lupin's voice; he did a very good job with capturing that "cool" and all knowing side of Lupin when he's in the "Big Brother" role for Clariese. I highly recomend giving the English Dub a try at least once if it's the newer dubbed version.
Without the possibility of failure there can be no success.

bolt7

• Part of the Gang
  • Gaffer @ Lupin Central
    • Lupin Central
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2010, 12:09:16 pm »
Was it the dub with you know who playing Lupin?

Lupin? Lupin!?! LUUUUUPIIIIN!

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2010, 06:37:11 pm »
The Last job XD

or it was a trailer on Get Gold on youtube

J B

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2010, 06:34:47 pm »
I just watched the final Second Series (Red Jacket) episode, one directed by Miyazaki. It was pretty epic, and I loved the reference made to the old 1940s Superman cartoon, the robot. With that being said, it simply did not feel too much like any of the earlier episodes that I'm used to (from say episode 1, to episode 70 or so, basically the English dubbed episodes). It just felt and looked stylistically different (by this point the animation was certainly different looking, and was inspired more by Miyazaki's Castle of Cagliostro, I think). Also, not too much of the music featured in this episode was ever featured in the episodes from 1977 to 1978, the only obvious one I noticed was "Dangerous Zone," which is a favorite of mine by the way. I also noticed "Superhero" playing in the background towards the end of the episode, but I'm not sure which episode that was first featured in yet.

Sad cactus

« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2010, 07:32:58 pm »
Watching Dead Or Alive, and I just noticed that:

When Lupin, Jigen and Goemon are running away from the security system on Drifting Island, one of the spear/tentacle/sharp objects propels this dead body on Jigen's back, and he carries him for the rest of the scene.

What is up with the thug that has sharp ears and teeth? Are there demons in Zufu?

J B

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #352 on: June 22, 2010, 06:20:39 am »
Was it the dub with you know who playing Lupin?

Lupin? Lupin!?! LUUUUUPIIIIN!

I'm a little late, but yes, that's the one! With David Hayter voicing Lupin.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #353 on: January 30, 2011, 12:11:22 am »
Time for a major bump to this topic.

Just finished watching Discotek's release of First Contact. I haven't seen many of the specials, but this is one of the best I've seen. I didn't like it as much as Missed By a Dollar, though.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

J B

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #354 on: February 02, 2011, 02:39:08 am »
I found myself watching the Red Jacket episodes Sheik Down and Lupin Against the Wall again. They were quite entertaining, and I remember seeing them aired on Adult Swim back in the day.

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
« Reply #355 on: February 02, 2011, 02:50:57 pm »
Watched Cagliostro to do a Commentary for 3 Jackets. I find that every time I watch that Movie, I like it more and more.

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #356 on: February 02, 2011, 03:00:46 pm »
Just finished rewatching the Italian dub of First Contact. :3

MsNydroj

• [Member]
« Reply #357 on: February 03, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »
The Last thing I watched was Lupin III: the Legend of the Gold of Babylon..
...Man that was  a weird movie :o. I mean,....wow. You have to see it yourself to know what I'm talking about.

KoichiZenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Stealing Japan for a Year
    • Lupin has a podcast
« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2011, 12:21:24 am »
Wow. the last episode I watched was from the 3rd T.v. Series, I think it was the Moving Bank episode.
Last movie I watched? hmm.... Seven Days Rhapsody

I swear, I've watched all the Lupin T.v. specials over and over again. But Cagliostro, I never get bored of watching it! I've watched it about 30-40 times in my life.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #359 on: June 02, 2011, 02:11:25 pm »
The Last Mastery. It did a great job expanding on the manga chapter, as well as serving as the first Goemon-centric episode (I think) of the 2nd Series. Also enjoyed how the villain was developed more than in the manga, made him seem like more of a match for Goemon.
But it also reminded me of what I love and hate about the dub. Some really funny lines and a great voice cast, but the delivery was just awkward some times. I felt that maybe they could've reworded a few lines here and there.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)