Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 211269 times)

Gozar

• Part of the Gang
    • Otaku in a Bottle
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #360 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:42 pm »
Castle of Cagliostro...The trend continues...Every sngle tme  watch it, I like it more and more. Such a sweet and exciting tale that Miyazaki gave.

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #361 on: June 10, 2011, 11:42:30 pm »
The Pycal green jacket episode, how great is that one?!

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Gold Demona

• Queen of the Easily Amused
  • Part of the Gang
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2011, 02:03:34 am »
Farewell to Nostradamus
...to show it a second time to my husband and to fully explain some of the dubbing jokes spawned by Mike and Ryan in their podcasts. :P

In addition to "QUICK!!! GRAB MY HAND!!!" and "BOOOOOOSSSSSS!!!!~", we have one more to add.
Towards the end of the movie, when Lupin and Julia are falling down the falling apart building, Sonny Strait does the most retarded-sounding scream you'll ever hear anyone do.
My husband took that and added "I'M FALLING, I'M GOING TO MAKE FALLING NOISES SO IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M FALLING, AAHH-ahhhh-AAAAHHH-aaahhh-AAHHH!!!!!"

taka

• Part of the Gang
  • lovely~
« Reply #363 on: June 18, 2011, 12:26:35 pm »
I FINALLY watched the Lupin VS Conan special last night.. and honestly, I didn't care for it.  Granted Dt. Conan on its own isn't quite my style (other than Mai Kuraki singing so many of the series' songs, I never really found it interesting) but it felt like it just dragged forever.  Perhaps if the pace was sped up with more action, I would have enjoyed it.  .....My comrade on the couch next to me actually fell asleep halfway through ;;;; 

I also watched an episode of the 1st series (13, Dare ga saigo ni waratta ka/Who had the last laugh) for the first time in colour as I don't recall seeing this particular ep in a very, very long time. *___*  I tend to skip around and totally forgot about a few of these episodes... So hilarious: I love how cruel Fujiko can be.  The old hippy dude was awesome.

Amadys

• Chevalier errant cr
  • [Member]
  • Gunman's fan forever !
    • My blog about Lupin III (sorry, only in french)
« Reply #364 on: June 24, 2011, 10:00:20 am »
I saw yesterday the latest episodes of the second serie (150-155), and I feel a little bit deceived. I regret the Miyazaki influence on the character design and on the character's personalities. After Cagliostro, see again Jigen like a minion, G.I Fujijoe and a useless Goemon, I can't, yuk !
And Lupin is too kind... I dislike, yeah.

The better is the 154 one, fortunately withouth the Miyazaki influences. The best of this little final part, and a great Lupin !

The 13th one of the first serie, it isn't about Kyosuke Mamo and his time machine ?
[ Ta gueule, h

Ishikawa Goemon

• Part of the Gang
  • Derpin' along.
« Reply #365 on: June 24, 2011, 05:43:53 pm »
I saw yesterday the latest episodes of the second serie (150-155), and I feel a little bit deceived. I regret the Miyazaki influence on the character design and on the character's personalities. After Cagliostro, see again Jigen like a minion, G.I Fujijoe and a useless Goemon, I can't, yuk !
And Lupin is too kind... I dislike, yeah.

I agree completely, but always felt a little uneasy to admit this, ff.
Lupin will look up and shout, "Save us, plot-device!", and I'll look down and whisper, "No".

SSJ3_Goku345

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #366 on: June 24, 2011, 08:03:39 pm »
Last episode I saw is ep. 96 "Lupin´s Gourmet Heaven" ( my new favourite one, btw ). It´s one of those episodes that have a really crazy plot and hilarious, unpredictable gags. Its very Punchesque, btw. I strongly recommend it  ;)

PD.: Zenigata is especially funny in this episode.

Lunatic!

• [Member]
  • Screwy Ain't It?!
« Reply #367 on: July 06, 2011, 08:37:00 am »
The Last ep was in Mankatsu episode 4, and the last movie I've seen was Secret of Mamo yesterday evening.

Tom K.W.

• [Member]
« Reply #368 on: July 22, 2011, 05:08:31 am »
Hey guys ! Haven't been on the boards for a while. The announcement we may be getting the green jacket series has sparked my interest in the franchise again. :D

I watched Goodbye Lady Liberty last night for the first time in years (originally my first exposure to Lupin) and for the first time in Japanese. Although I enjoyed it somewhat nostalgically, I wouldn't say it was a particularly GREAT special (overall the plot is a tad boring, the characters introduced here are quite uninteresting and the soundtrack is uninspired) but it has a few nice moments of Lupin-ness and is animated well. It was on the whole, decent.
How many miles to Babylon?

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #369 on: July 22, 2011, 05:49:07 am »
Hey guys ! Haven't been on the boards for a while. The announcement we may be getting the green jacket series has sparked my interest in the franchise again. :D

I watched Goodbye Lady Liberty last night for the first time in years (originally my first exposure to Lupin) and for the first time in Japanese. Although I enjoyed it somewhat nostalgically, I wouldn't say it was a particularly GREAT special (overall the plot is a tad boring, the characters introduced here are quite uninteresting and the soundtrack is uninspired) but it has a few nice moments of Lupin-ness and is animated well. It was on the whole, decent.

I would say one of the finer moments is that Fujiko actually does some serious sneaking around and physical stuff...a little more like what you'd expect from Lupin. I don't really care for Fujiko much as a character, but I gotta give props when they do something to keep her interesting.
-R. Nelson

Tom K.W.

• [Member]
« Reply #370 on: July 23, 2011, 05:19:16 pm »
Yeah, there were a couple of nice Fujiko as a character moments.

The Hemingway Papers- Same quality again as Lady Liberty really, although this special was verging on 'poor'. FAR too much time spent on annoying characters, and a definite lack of humor throughout. The plot felt very forced at times and the character designs were more noticeable and exaggerated than the previous special. Not great.
How many miles to Babylon?

aalong64

« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2011, 10:38:02 pm »
I just got the First Contact DVD, as well as the Fuma Conspiracy one (I loved the Fuma commentary, great job Reed!) and watched the 2002 special for the first time. Wow, what a great movie. The back case has it right-- it's definitely one of the franchise's high points. I honestly wasn't expecting to like it all that much, because I generally find even the more popular specials a bit dull, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The character designs were about as close to the second series designs as I could realistically hope given the era it was made, and even the villain Galvez looked very red jacket-y.  ;D The humour was perfect, there were lots of fun bits with Lupin and Zenigata especially. The special just hit all the right notes with me, again and again. Lots of nice character interaction (as you'd expect given the storyline); some classic Lupin tricks like the room that tilts out of the building; great use of all the characters; not too much time unnecessarily spent on the macguffin and the villain... all in all, a 10/10 from me. The only quibble I might have had was that it was a bit TOO convenient for everybody to meet each other around the same time, and for Goemon to acquire the Zantetsuken then too, but then I saw that the ending lets you decide how much of it really happened the way "Jigen" described it.

Now if only I had some other equally good recent specials to watch... At least I can watch this one again with the commentary.

veggie 11

• Part of the Gang
    • My blogs
« Reply #372 on: September 16, 2011, 10:52:43 am »
I received my Lupin DVD from Funanimation and last night I began to watched ''Crisis in Tokyo" and today ''The Colombus Files'' (naturally I speak from France's hours).

I definitely love ''Crisis in Tokyo'', it has all I like in Lupin : action, complex and mature story, Lupin and his guys are their real personality. It was painfull that Jigen and Goemon were under-used, but their scenes were great. Goemon like in the manga is so hilarious!

The dub was real good. After I watched ''Voyage to Danger'' in english, I wasn't a fan of Jigen's and Karen's voices. This one was much better.

And now The Colombus Files... This Special had so many great ideas : a girl (Rozaria) who is not a girlfriend of anyone but has her goal and abilities, a grat story between Fujiko and Lupin, humor even if the special is serious, a great bad guy (Nazarov), good animation, great chara and colors.

BUT

This Special has 15 minutes excess which harm to the great ending with Rozaria. And the idea with the Colombus Egg was really to WTF. So a good Special but not so good as Tokyo Crisis.

Problems of this Special :

- Hulk-Barton

- the SF ambience at the end which has nothing to match with lupin

- Jigen and  Goemon are too ridiculous, like Jigen in ''The Castle of Cagliostro''...

So the Special looked like ''Cagliostro'' with Lupin who protects Fujiko like he did with Clarisse. Really painfull that the confrontation Barton/Lupin was so bad, the rest was much better.

This evening I will watch ''Island of the Assassins'' and ''Missed by a dollar'' (as well I don't like it).
But why Miyazaki was so obsessed to draw this horrible fringle to Jigen in EVERY Lupin anime he did?
-----------------------------------------
I decided to strike for the recognition of Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko's sacrifice in The Castle of Cagliostro

FilmmakerJ

« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2011, 01:37:25 pm »
The last movie I watched was Harimao's Treasure.
I was trying to introduce someone to the Lupin franchise, but it seemed that everytime i showed him a trailer for a lupin movie, something overly sexual would happen: like fujiko being tortured, Lupin dressed as Fujiko getting her clothes ripped off, or seeing lupin jump into bed with Fujiko. And I guess he just didn't like that sort of thing.

So I tried to pick a movie that (at least I thought) didn't have any of that. So I picked "Harimao's Treasure." Though, looking back, I probably should have gone with "Crisis in Tokyo." We all remember the terrible use of pops in Harimao, and all of those Ramen noodle jokes. Plus the premise wasn't interesting enough, and the payoff was not as good as some of the earlier films.

The last film I saw that I hadn't seen before, I guess I could say was the Streamline dub of Cagliostro. I had bought both the Streamline dub of Cagliostro and Mamo, because I had found out that there actually were previous dubs of both, so I picked them up to make my Lupin collection more complete. My first impression of the Streamline Cagliostro...terrible scripting, an ridiculous butchering of the opening credits (even when compared to the Manga opening slide-show), and a poor casting on some characters like Clarisse, while yet others actually had a slightly better dub voice.

However, I am on the fence about whether I like Bob Bergen's portrayal of Lupin. He sounds like a Matthew Broderick clone, and he's much too overly excited. But the cool thing is, this now gives either me or other fan-artists the chance to make Cagliostro art of Porky Pig climbing the castle to rescue Clarisse, with him stuttering as he goes along. I mean wouldn't that just be comedy gold to those who know the connection?

Jack Thursby

• [Member]
« Reply #374 on: September 20, 2011, 07:31:03 am »
Yeah, Crisis in Tokyo would have been a better one than Harimao's Treasure for a Lupin novice.

The last episodes of Lupin I watched was Hell Toupee followed by To Be or Nazi Be. Never quite understood why they did so many Hitler orientated episodes. Being too young to remember the Berlin Wall being up it's weird watching To Be or Nazi Be.