Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 212201 times)

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #405 on: March 30, 2014, 08:30:32 am »
Movie: Mystery of Mamo - Love how it's similar to the manga, but the wonky plot twist at the end causes the film to suffer a bit.

Episode: Lupin is Burning?! - The Green Jacket is my favorite series and this is the episode that started it all-excluding the pilot film.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:31:26 am by LadyLupin »

DragonmasterDan

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #406 on: March 30, 2014, 03:05:31 pm »
I just watched Bye Bye Lady Liberty for the first time.

mikezilla2

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #407 on: March 30, 2014, 03:37:45 pm »
just watched stolen lupin -  was better then people made it out to be :)

MGFanJay

• Part of the Gang
  • Oh yeah...
    • Hardocre Gamer Magzine - free download
« Reply #408 on: March 30, 2014, 07:39:30 pm »

KiraM2345

• Part of the Gang
  • I am your Sapphire Angel- my Lupin OC Kira <3
« Reply #409 on: April 01, 2014, 10:15:17 am »
Last Episode I watched: Beware of the Time Machine

Last Movie I watched: The Columbus Files (Loved this one...Just watched it for the third time)
Ciao for now,
Rachael

SweLupan

• Part of the Gang
  • Nu ska vi allt sno lite guld eller annat fint.
« Reply #410 on: April 10, 2014, 02:33:07 pm »
Bye Bye Lady Liberty :3

Gaff

• Space Pirate
  • Part of the Gang
    • Alan Graham Design & Illustration
« Reply #411 on: May 15, 2014, 08:03:53 pm »
Finally managed to see what I think are the Hulu subs for pink jacket (so much better than the old ones) and it kind of got me wondering about something.  The thug played by Norio Wakamoto in that first episode is named "Sutamo" or "Starmow", but is that the Japanese interpretation of a non-Japanese name?  I'm just curious as it seems such an odd monicker to be completely invented, but I can't think what it would be the equivalent of.

fryguy81

• Geek in Wolf's Clothing
  • Part of the Gang
    • Needless Essentials
« Reply #412 on: June 04, 2014, 10:36:28 am »
just rewatched Castle Of Cagliostro for the first time in years. Such fondness and memories with that film.

The only thing that always strikes me is Jigen being a happy guy. Will never get used to that.
That's Zenigata, truly the ideal of the Shoowa Period. A man incomparable for his determination to his work.
[sigpic]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/163/4/e/___lupin_the_third____by_cibiah-d536tph.png[/sigpic]

Gaff

• Space Pirate
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #413 on: August 20, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »
Princess of the Breeze.

I had hoped, after Another Page turned out a little better than average, that things might be improving for the TV specials, but nope, business as usual.  The cgi work was surprisingly decent, but that's about all I could say for it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:10:29 pm by Gaff »

Gaff

• Space Pirate
  • Part of the Gang
« Reply #414 on: December 04, 2014, 02:16:06 pm »
Witness me make a fumbled attempt to defend Legend of Gold Babylon:  http://youtu.be/DmsaeZITovM

I used to make review videos more often, but I find it harder now that youtube have clamped down on the use of footage and I actually have to appear on camera.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2015, 09:58:17 pm »
Been on kind of a binge lately, so I'll try to cover the highlights.
  • Lupin III vs Detective Conan: The Movie: Wasn't perfect, but still good. Liked it a whole lot better than the TV special, at least.
  • Jigen's Gravestone: Loved it. May not have been particularly funny, but I'll be damned if Takeshi Koike's character designs aren't gorgeous. And I loved the cameo at the end. You know the one.
  • "Expose the Great Trap" (pink jacket episode 2): Still haven't gotten very far in this series yet, and the animation wasn't as nice as in the first episode, but I love these character designs just as much, and the plot itself was fun.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
« Reply #416 on: September 09, 2015, 11:07:02 pm »
Been on kind of a binge lately, so I'll try to cover the highlights.
  • Jigen's Gravestone: Loved it. May not have been particularly funny, but I'll be damned if Takeshi Koike's character designs aren't gorgeous. And I loved the cameo at the end. You know the one.

Inspector Zenigata? ;)
-R. Nelson

DrFurball

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #417 on: September 10, 2015, 12:24:03 am »
Dude, spoilers!
(click to show/hide)

DrFurball

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2015, 01:33:12 am »
"Crude Reproduction, Perfect Frame". Found an old VHS where I had recorded some [adult swim] broadcasts. Honestly, I was looking for something from mid-to-late 2004, since I was wanting to watch some Detective Conan (since Hulu doesn't have anything dubbed past episode 4), but I was more than happy to accept Lupin from early 2003 instead. Especially since it's an episode I really like, and trades some of the more ridiculous moments of the original manga story (like the disease causing Lupin to become a woman, and the doctor "revealing" that he has the disease as well was kinda stupid, even though the story is great in the manga, too) for some nice character moments. And, like always, the dub was great.

Rhys2753

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2015, 09:38:33 pm »
The last episode I saw was the final ep of the Green Jacket series. After owning discotek's release for a year and a half I finally got around to rewatching the series. (Saw all of the series before I bought it when I was first getting into Lupin) Have to say that the liner notes on the release were awesome to read through.

Last movie I watched? crap, must've been Cagliostro after I got Discotek's DVD (Have the bD havn't rewatched that one yet)

And the last special would have been Discotek's Siberia release (another rewatch)