Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 212192 times)

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2008, 03:23:28 am »
I watched Castle of Cagliostro with my two-year old cousin. He really seemed to like it.  As for myself, it's still my favorite Lupin movie. 12/10
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

bauski

• [Member]
    • Playbox
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2008, 06:47:48 pm »
Yellow. Finally saw Lupin the Third Part IIII. Well, 3 of the earlier episodes anyway.

I see what they were trying to do, and I kind of get it, but there were somethings that I wouldn't have changed, that they did. Some of the changes I didn't mind, but some of the other changes, I thought "why? It was fine the way it was."

1. I didn't like Goemon's new look. He looks like Hasselhoff with a japanese face lift, its really... weird looking.
2. Another thing were the songs. Since the beginning the Opening and the ending were so good, why alienate your core audience by changing them? I guess I understand that they were trying to go for a fresh feel or something, but that could've stayed the same and they would've probably been alright.
3. Opening title screen. What happened to the type writer? Everybody loved the type writer and the puns, that's why even some of the specials have them. I liked the new still shots of the episode with the title, but it definitely was not Lupin-esque.

I was pleasantly surprised by the voice acting, and I also enjoyed the episode stories, but it was different. I guess you can't just expect shin Lupin to go on forever anyway.

Overall, from the three episodes I've seen, I give Part III a 6/10 + 1/10 for a handicap on it being made in the late 70's.
"My heads full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy." - Lupin the III, Operation Misslejack

aalong64

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2008, 02:33:52 pm »
Yellow. Finally saw Lupin the Third Part IIII.
Part FOUR??!!! Such a thing exists?;D
Overall, from the three episodes I've seen, I give Part III a 6/10 + 1/10 for a handicap on it being made in the late 70's.
Actually I think Part III is from the 80's. The Red Jacket series (Shin Rupan Sansei/ Part II) is the one from the late 70's.

bauski

• [Member]
    • Playbox
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2008, 02:38:47 am »
Ah ic ic. Heh. I accidentally added too many I's. IIIIIIII

Anyway, hmm if its from the 80's, it makes even more sense of what was wrong with it. (Sorry I have a narrow mind about the 80's).

From a review I read on the Lupin Encyclopedia, apparently Farewell to Nostradamus was also made during that time. I think I enjoyed that special very much, although the think about the soccer players was less than necessary.

Does anybody know how I could possibly watch the newest special? I'm really really excited about it.
"My heads full of ideas, that's why I'm crazy." - Lupin the III, Operation Misslejack

Sad cactus

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2008, 01:16:24 am »
Pink jacket's '83-84, baby!!! I think. oO Or was it '84-'85?? Well, sometime around there. ^^; Aw, didn't like pink jacket? To each his own. ^^

midoco123

• [Member]
  • YA-HA!!!!
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2009, 01:04:37 pm »
The last film/special I watched was Twilight gemini. Pesonally, I realy really liked this special, very good. Mostly comedy and thet scene where Goemon has to cut down a naked Fujiko, although I hate how Goemon is used in this film.
The last episode I watched was "Zenigata con"... I loved this episode so much.
When life gives you lemons, you have a few options:
1. Have you're engineers create a combustible lemon.
2. Clone them and make super Lemons.
3. Just squeeze the dang lemons for their juice.

Sad cactus

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2009, 07:04:12 pm »
The last film/special I watched was Twilight gemini. Pesonally, I realy really liked this special, very good. Mostly comedy and thet scene where Goemon has to cut down a naked Fujiko, although I hate how Goemon is used in this film.

I'm extremely split over Twilight Gemini. The guy with the whip was irritating. >< Yay! Zenigatacon! ^__^ XD We should do a Zenigatacon! XD

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2009, 08:30:02 pm »

That's a great episode, I like how Lupin and company have their own takes on Zenigata in their disguises.
Les temps sont durs pour les r

mc_carter

• [Member]
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2009, 04:33:33 am »
Just watched Cagliostro again with some friends they loved it.

Zoo Station

• [Member]
    • The Fedora Chronicles
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2009, 05:55:44 pm »
The Mystery of Mamo

This is probably my second-favorite Lupin film after Cagliostro. I love its weirdness and the character interaction and development is fun to watch.

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2009, 11:41:44 pm »
Green vs. Red
(click to show/hide)

i saw Castle of Cagliostro on a Cable Movie Channel after Howl's Moving Castle

deloreanfan

• [Member]
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2009, 03:16:13 pm »
how did you get green vs red on your iphone????????

Inspector Zenigata

• Part of the Gang
  • Lupin Doujinshi Collector
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2009, 12:17:43 am »
how did you get green vs red on your iphone????????

i had to convert it to iPhone/iTouch size and i messed up the sub didn't load up with it

bunnialchemistmeep

• [Member]
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2009, 12:52:48 am »
like, five minutes ago I watched a little of "stolen lupin" in Italian. COULDN'T UNDERSTAND A LICK OF IT.
but before that, I finally got to see Castle of Cagliostro! (god, what kind of Lupin fan AM I? haven't even seen CoC...for shame...)
The movie itself was great, but I hated how in the opening credits, they just froze the frames instead of editing the words frame-by-frame. CAN YOU SAY LAZY??
And the english voice actors....well, let's not get into that. to me, the only Lupin was Tony Oliver.

angelidollinda

• Part of the Gang
  • I believe in the power of the thief!
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2009, 01:05:49 am »
The movie itself was great, but I hated how in the opening credits, they just froze the frames instead of editing the words frame-by-frame. CAN YOU SAY LAZY??

Was this the Manga DVD? The original opening you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otNNuUhl1uo

That really did make me mad when they used freeze frames for the credits, since the opening is gorgeous.
Les temps sont durs pour les r