Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 212226 times)

Sad cactus

Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2009, 12:32:13 am »
Ah, so that's where it's from!!

Also, about the song--it sounds like it's a real song. OO Am I just imagining it?

Lupin_Convert

• [Member]
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2009, 04:41:42 pm »
Last one I watched: the Twilight Gemini TV special.  I had mixed feelings about it.  It was actually cool to see Lupin on his own more, but when Jigen and Goemon do show up they feel wasted.  I also liked how you got the sense that the girl Lupin falls for in the movie was one who actually meant something to him (though she doesn't get a lot of character development).  But the plot of the movie got too needlessly complex, and I wasn't always a fan of the art style in the movie.  And what's with that gay assassin who for some reason wants so desperately to kill Lupin?  (Not using gay as a derogatory term here, he was just gay.)  Seems like they were trying to emulate the cross-dressing Nazi ( ???) in Harimao's Treasure.  But it was an overall average special.

Oh, and was it just me or did it just feel, well, strange to see Lupin and Fujiko actually getting it on in bed together?  In the sense that I never thought they actually did anything, and never got past flirting for one reason or another (in most cases Fujiko running out on him once she seduces the information out of him . . . . ah, good ol' Lupin).

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2009, 08:30:43 pm »
well, my live action Lupin "strange psychkinetic strategy" came in and i watched that over at my friends house. i was pleased in how they kept the spirit alive in the movie, but my friend Lori (who isnt even into the series that much..) kept ranting about how none of the characters were dressed or looked like how they were suppose to..
"Lupin lost half his sideburns, and Jigen lost half his beard...THERE'S PIECES OF HAIR RUNNING RAMPANT SOMEWHERE!" <--alcohol was involved...
all in all, not a bad flick! i was sad that Goemon wasnt in it.....but
(click to show/hide)

Note: Lupin movies+alcohol+a bunch of anime geeks=interesting outcome.....for the record...

Sad cactus

« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2009, 12:37:42 am »
I'm glad you liked it! ^__^ The absence of Goemon was saddening, true, but
(click to show/hide)

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2009, 01:28:12 am »
I'm glad you liked it! ^__^ The absence of Goemon was saddening, true, but
(click to show/hide)
yeaah..she's a 'purist' when it comes to liveaction anime....when she saw the live action Death Note ((her 2nd fav. anime)) she nearly had a coniption fit...
but i liked it! i was a little confused by the neckercheif, but i chaulked it up to it being the 70's and that was the style of the time.
but it confused me how Zenigata and Jigen swapped outfits...((jigen's wearing a tan suit and zenigata is wearing the black jacket with the white undershirt and blue tie....?!?))

Sad cactus

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2009, 02:16:03 am »
yeaah..she's a 'purist' when it comes to liveaction anime....when she saw the live action Death Note ((her 2nd fav. anime)) she nearly had a coniption fit...

Ah, purists..X__X;;; Coniption fit? XD ::Resists urge to reference Dracula Dead And Loving It.

but i liked it! i was a little confused by the neckercheif, but i chaulked it up to it being the 70's and that was the style of the time.
but it confused me how Zenigata and Jigen swapped outfits...((jigen's wearing a tan suit and zenigata is wearing the black jacket with the white undershirt and blue tie....?!?))

Huh...oO Didn't notice the color scheme with Zenigata and Jigen. That is pretty bizarre. ^^ I think in the anime Jigen and Zenigata's colors overlap, too. Jigen wears a formal suit that's brown in the first episode of the second series, and in the third series, Zenigata wears a black/gray suit.

Quilly

• [Member]
    • myspace
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2009, 02:33:58 am »
Huh...oO Didn't notice the color scheme with Zenigata and Jigen. That is pretty bizarre. ^^ I think in the anime Jigen and Zenigata's colors overlap, too. Jigen wears a formal suit that's brown in the first episode of the second series, and in the third series, Zenigata wears a black/gray suit.

oooh yeah, i nearly forgot about pinkjacket Zenigata...hmm...
Jigen in a brown suit!? ((watches episode)) oh yeah! when they're eating dinner. hmm...strange how they do that.

mizducky

• [Member]
  • "Go on punk, make my day."
    • Personal website
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2009, 07:54:03 am »
Last watched:

Cagliostro (the sub, for the bazillionth time) -- mainly for background for the RP in progress elsewhere in these forums; noted once again the fabulous performance by Yamada. His nonverbals throughout the scaling-the-castle scene never fail to bring joy to my heart.

"Guns Buns and Fun in the Sun" (the sub; too lazy to remember the original title) - one of my favorite Red Jacket episodes. Love the caper, love all the prison scenes--Lupin breathing booze-fumes in Tottsan's face, the guys communicating in Morse code or whatever.

Dragon of Doom (up to when Lupin is about to enter the Titanice wreck; the sub again) -- love love love the opening scene with Goemon watching the kabuki about Goemon I, and then winding up confronting the ninjas from the exact same position as the actor that had been portraying his ancestor. Love Lupin fishing for dolls of himself in the UFO catcher (heh--the folks at Pansonworks must have had those dolls in mind when they designed their Lupin dolls); never sure if I'm imagining it or if I can hear a weakness in Yamada's voice hinting at his failing health--wasn't this the last film he did before he died?
Lupin fanfic work-in-progress: "Fun and Thieving in Las Vegas"
http://www.mizducky.com/churchofwhoopie/2008/08/fun-and-thievin.html

LadyLupin

• Part of the Gang
  • Lady Lupin Sansei
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2009, 08:49:35 am »
Last watched:

Cagliostro (the sub, for the bazillionth time) -- mainly for background for the RP in progress elsewhere in these forums; noted once again the fabulous performance by Yamada. His nonverbals throughout the scaling-the-castle scene never fail to bring joy to my heart.

"Guns Buns and Fun in the Sun" (the sub; too lazy to remember the original title) - one of my favorite Red Jacket episodes. Love the caper, love all the prison scenes--Lupin breathing booze-fumes in Tottsan's face, the guys communicating in Morse code or whatever.

Dragon of Doom (up to when Lupin is about to enter the Titanice wreck; the sub again) -- love love love the opening scene with Goemon watching the kabuki about Goemon I, and then winding up confronting the ninjas from the exact same position as the actor that had been portraying his ancestor. Love Lupin fishing for dolls of himself in the UFO catcher (heh--the folks at Pansonworks must have had those dolls in mind when they designed their Lupin dolls); never sure if I'm imagining it or if I can hear a weakness in Yamada's voice hinting at his failing health--wasn't this the last film he did before he died?

Last full length yes. The very last animation Yamada-san did was a Lupin III commercial for Exxon. As much as I love Kurita-san's Lupin, he can never replace Yamaada.

Here's the commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpWjWW3FdBI

Now I can't get off topis. So the last Lupin ep I watched. The Last Mastery and Goemon's Close Call. The latter of these really tugs at my emotions. It's Goemon's loyalty and then Lupin crying (I think) when he rescues Goemon, and the realization of the samurai/ninja wouldn't cave in no matter the cost.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:52:12 am by LadyLupin »

Sad cactus

« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2009, 11:28:50 am »
LadyLupin: Nice avatar! ^_^

The latter of these really tugs at my emotions. It's Goemon's loyalty and then Lupin crying (I think) when he rescues Goemon, and the realization of the samurai/ninja wouldn't cave in no matter the cost.

That episode is painful to watch.

Interesting..another gap between the older and newer generation is the dub/sub thing--the older seems to have first seen Lupin subbed, the newer dubbed.

Last episode I watched was Diamonds and Minx. Jigen is wonderfully cruel in that. : )

bunnialchemistmeep

• [Member]
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2009, 01:55:46 pm »
Jigen looks HOT in that dress. XD Especially with the beard. XD

And NOBODY noticed. XD

Sad cactus

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2009, 02:05:36 pm »
Like I said before, Jigen is the bearded lady!

rpguidry

• [Member]
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2009, 10:48:51 pm »
I just finished watching "Pretty Cluckin Insane" and this episode always makes me laugh.  So many great moments to choose from.

Favorite scene has to be when Pops fights the bouncers.  He skillfully took down one of them at first then the other three jumped and beat him up.  After getting thrown out Zenigata says, "Took four of you though, didnt?".  Priceless.     

Sad cactus

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:58 am »
Favorite scene has to be when Pops fights the bouncers.  He skillfully took down one of them at first then the other three jumped and beat him up.  After getting thrown out Zenigata says, "Took four of you though, didnt?".  Priceless.

I love that part. ^__^ One of the scenes that show that he's not incompetent. He's very strong, too, and though the four call him Pops or Old Man it seems like it's a more endearing term, rather than referring to his being old and not as fast or tough, because scenes like these show that he can hold his own.

There's a later second-season episode where
(click to show/hide)

bunnialchemistmeep

• [Member]
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2009, 01:59:50 pm »
When my friend and I watched "SPS", When that scene where the Nuns just...RIP OFF THEIR CLOTHES.

XDXDXDlolroflmao!!

it was beautiful.