Author Topic: Last movie/episode you watched?  (Read 211240 times)

Ersatz

• [Member]
  • *mwah*
    • Taffy Typings
Re: Last movie/episode you watched?
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2009, 05:05:51 pm »
...never sure if I'm imagining it or if I can hear a weakness in Yamada's voice hinting at his failing health--wasn't this the last film he did before he died?

Oh, I didn't know this. It seemed to me that all the cast seemed somehow muted, as though they were reigning themselves in. Taking Yamada's health into account, maybe they it was requested they tone it down so Lupin wouldn't sound less than his usual effervenscent self? Probably just me being fanciful.

Am currently on the second viewing of Columbus Files, and you know that part where Goemon speaks to the boat propeller and the propeller responds by shaking its 'head'? Creases me up completely. In fact there's a lot more humour in this one than I remembered.

Sad cactus

« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2009, 06:35:41 pm »
m currently on the second viewing of Columbus Files, and you know that part where Goemon speaks to the boat propeller and the propeller responds by shaking its 'head'? Creases me up completely. In fact there's a lot more humour in this one than I remembered.

Goemon can talk to propellors, he's THAT good. XD This special was on he funnier side-lets not forget Jigen's infamous resuscitation on the beach. XD

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2009, 08:53:37 pm »
Is the Leaning Tower of Pisa Standing?
My favorite moment is when
(click to show/hide)

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2009, 08:55:25 pm »
walther p 38 special
it was dark and not very good actually :-\

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

Sad cactus

« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2009, 10:15:11 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Alc

• [Member]
  • Oh yeah, have another cigarrette Mr. Fitness!
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2009, 01:00:15 am »
Am currently on the second viewing of Columbus Files, and you know that part where Goemon speaks to the boat propeller and the propeller responds by shaking its 'head'? Creases me up completely. In fact there's a lot more humour in this one than I remembered.

I noticed on my last viewing of Columbus Files that when Goemon is giving Jigen mouth-to-mouth and Jigen scoots off after shooting at Goemon that Mike McFarland does this hilarious adlib of Goemon in a slightly higher pitched voice saying "What's wrong big boy?" or something to that affect.  XD

I die everytime in that special for the Jigen X Goemon moments (*Jigen walks by while brushing his teeth*  "I'm gonna be over here washing my teeth, and gums, and my esophogus!!!!!"/Jigen:  GAH!  GET AWAY FROM ME YOU KUNG FU FAIRY!!!!!/Goemon:  Oh come on.  I only gave you mouth to mouth ressusitation...about 13 times.) and let us not forget the FUNi dub cast making fun of how they don't pronounce the names right.

Lupin:  Hey Goeymon.

Goemon:  DAMNIT IT'S GOEMON! >.<

Jigen:  At least he doesn't call me Jeegin.

Last special I watched though was Sweet Lost Night...it was pretty good I thought.  I love poor Zenigata without his memory...and Goemon showing his random knowledge of how to use a cell phone (though for some reason I always laugh and think he shouldn't know how to use one.  XD).

Ersatz

• [Member]
  • *mwah*
    • Taffy Typings
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2009, 07:31:44 pm »

I noticed on my last viewing of Columbus Files that when Goemon is giving Jigen mouth-to-mouth and Jigen scoots off after shooting at Goemon that Mike McFarland does this hilarious adlib of Goemon in a slightly higher pitched voice saying "What's wrong big boy?" or something to that affect.  XD

I die everytime in that special for the Jigen X Goemon moments (*Jigen walks by while brushing his teeth*  "I'm gonna be over here washing my teeth, and gums, and my esophogus!!!!!"/Jigen:  GAH!  GET AWAY FROM ME YOU KUNG FU FAIRY!!!!!/Goemon:  Oh come on.  I only gave you mouth to mouth ressusitation...about 13 times.) and let us not forget the FUNi dub cast making fun of how they don't pronounce the names right.

Lupin:  Hey Goeymon.

Goemon:  DAMNIT IT'S GOEMON! >.<

Jigen:  At least he doesn't call me Jeegin.

Last special I watched though was Sweet Lost Night...it was pretty good I thought.  I love poor Zenigata without his memory...and Goemon showing his random knowledge of how to use a cell phone (though for some reason I always laugh and think he shouldn't know how to use one.  XD).

You know, I've never watched the dubbed version - have now determined to do so!

Amnesiac Zeni was so cute...almost pitiful, in fact. Glad he was back to his old self in the end  :)

Sad cactus

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2009, 12:25:33 am »
Amnesiac Zeni was so cute...almost pitiful, in fact. Glad he was back to his old self in the end 

It shows where he would be without Interpol. : )

Alc

• [Member]
  • Oh yeah, have another cigarrette Mr. Fitness!
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2009, 02:19:16 pm »
Amnesiac Zeni was so cute...almost pitiful, in fact. Glad he was back to his old self in the end 

It shows where he would be without Interpol. : )

True, I mean...he's doing fairly well considering he's been running around when Lupin and Jigen see him.  So I'm guessing he used his mad thieving skillz to steal stuff (like that towel he had around his shoulders and food).

Last special I watched was Alcatraz Connection and Episode 0:  First Contact.

The JFK real assassination thing was random but I loved the Secret 7 group all being descendents of mob bosses.  And Goemon got tricked by a woman...again.  Poor guy.  Also I had a question on Zenigata's "partner" in this one.  Is he based on a character from the later manga of Lupin?  Because he just reminds me of someone I've heard about from one of the manga series.

On E0:  FC...damn, I had forgotten just how good this movie was.

Jigen:  You know from this position I can still easily put a hole in your chest right?

Lupin:  Heh, same here.

I just love the fact that we see the gang BEFORE they're "the gang."  We see Lupin and Jigen with the almost animosity between each other...it's (IMO) very cool to see that.  And I do like how at the end of the film we believe it's all been a fake and then what do they do?  Go steal from the National Federal Reserve and retrieve the green pipe thing, confirming that at least a good part of the movie was in fact true.

Though I was trying to figure out how this random reporter woman ended up finding where Lupin (and Jigen who is actually Lupin) were anyway and getting in contact with them.  I mean, I know Lupin has that soft spot for the ladies, but to have a reporter actually record everything?  Though he did destroy her recorder...so I guess that was taken out of the picture.

Anyway, Alcatraz Connection and Episode 0:  First Contact were the last ones I watched and they were both great.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2009, 12:02:37 am »
I just watched Island of Assassins for the first time a few hours ago.
It was pretty good.  A bit darker than I was expecting (even the manga never got that violent), but there were some moments I really liked, like each one of Zenigata's scenes (except the parts where he broke his legs.  That just hit too close to home for me), my favorite being where Lupin goes to visit him.
My main complaint is that Jigen, Fujiko, and Goemon didn't get much to do.  The character designs looked pretty weird, but looked pretty good most of the time.
8/10
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

blackcoated

• [Member]
  • the world is mine
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2009, 12:06:33 am »
watched alcatraz connection was decent
It was pretty good.  A bit darker than I was expecting (even the manga never got that violent), but there were some moments I really liked, like each one of Zenigata's scenes (except the parts where he broke his legs.  That just hit too close to home for me), my favorite being where Lupin goes to visit him.
My main complaint is that Jigen, Fujiko, and Goemon didn't get much to do.  The character designs looked pretty weird, but looked pretty good most of the time.
8/10
i watched it the other i didnt like it i felt it was too slow loved the beggining though

http://www.myspace.com/weberwound
my 1st uploaded and made by me video on youtube maybe ill do areview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVIu3Jssf7A&feature=channel_page

rpguidry

• [Member]
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2009, 12:23:17 am »
I re-watched Mystery of Mamo the other day.  I remember the first time I saw it I loved it up until the ending.  However I think it's start to grow on me as this time I came away with a better impression of it. 
(click to show/hide)

gothichyppie

• [Member]
  • Road buddies...
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2009, 09:03:40 pm »
8/10
The scenes with Zenigata breaking his legs make me laugh the hardest! It's unfortunate but come on, look at his face! LOL 'Don't walk'
That special is one of my favorite, but yeah, I not crazy about the character designs either, it's like they wanted them to look tougher for the violent mood of it all.

Ichi........................................ ni........................................ TROIS!

Sad cactus

« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2009, 01:59:19 am »
The scenes with Zenigata breaking his legs make me laugh the hardest! It's unfortunate but come on, look at his face! LOL 'Don't walk'
That special is one of my favorite, but yeah, I not crazy about the character designs either, it's like they wanted them to look tougher for the violent mood of it all.

Ow, ow, ow, that looks excruciatingly painful. OO I agree with you though, there's a little Schadenfreude there. XD In that special Lupin looked older than he's ever been drawn, and it fit his role in regards to Ellen, but I did miss his roundness, and Goemon's small eyes are really bothersome.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2009, 02:59:39 am »
Well, the thing about Zeni's legs was that I broke my own leg last summer(first broken bone ever) and those scenes brought back a few unpleasant memories.
But give me a few months to get over it and I'll probably be laughing with you.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)