Author Topic: Unreleased Work Compilation  (Read 8519 times)

VampireNaomi

• Part of the Gang
Unreleased Work Compilation
« on: June 09, 2017, 07:04:23 am »
I got a notification from CD Japan that this is coming out in July. It doesn't say what's in it, but I'd love if there was at least some stuff that's truly never before seen, like sketches or abandoned ideas.

DrFurball

• Just Stupidly Unfunny Enough
  • Part of the Gang
  • The hero of today, yeah!
Re: Unreleased Work Compilation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:09:32 am »
From my understanding, "tankobon" is a term for collected volumes of manga (like how Western comics have trade paperbacks). So, I'm assuming that this book will be collecting all (or at least a good chunk of) the Monkey Punch Lupin stuff that's never been reprinted before.

Which is very exciting if my understanding is correct, since some of that stuff hasn't been seen outside of Weekly Manga Action since the 60s or 70s!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Weird in a Can! (Updates weekdays)

Reed

• Lazy Site Admin
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Site Admin
    • http://www.lupinthethird.com
Re: Unreleased Work Compilation
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 01:50:58 am »
From my understanding, "tankobon" is a term for collected volumes of manga (like how Western comics have trade paperbacks). So, I'm assuming that this book will be collecting all (or at least a good chunk of) the Monkey Punch Lupin stuff that's never been reprinted before.

Which is very exciting if my understanding is correct, since some of that stuff hasn't been seen outside of Weekly Manga Action since the 60s or 70s!

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, a bunch of the stuff you linked to in that thread that was previously not reprinted did get reprinted in the early issues of the Lupin Official Magazine (stuff like SEXY Lupin 3). This is probably a tankobon compilation of those same stories. Cool to see it finally happening.
-R. Nelson