Author Topic: Recommended Episodes for Part II???  (Read 320 times)

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
Recommended Episodes for Part II???
« on: February 14, 2020, 12:51:31 am »
Greetings all,

Going to work through some of Series 2 but I just can't swing all 155 episodes (it took me over four months to do LOGH and I still haven't gotten to the prequel ovas). I used to run a fansub distro back in the VHS days and had all the "best of" collection tapes the fansubbers put out but I don't recall which episodes those were. Obviously the 2 Miyazaki eps are worth rewatching but I was wondering what were some personal favs and/or if anyone knows of a good episode listing to weed through the sluff?

Thanks in advance!

Sadistic pillow

• Part of the Gang
Re: Recommended Episodes for Part II???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 08:53:45 am »
Funny enough I did a marathon of Red Jacket about 2 weeks ago.  :D

My favorites in no particular (Apologize if I switch between the Japanese and English titles):

The Return of Lupin III

Getting Jigen with it

Kooki Kabuki part 1 and 2

Goemon's Close Call

Steal Everything of Lupin's

Lupin vs The Mystery Man with Two Faces

The Big Favorite Disappeared at the Grand Race 

Lupin's a Vampire

and the one where they practiced the planned heist I cannot remember the title name and it's going to bother me for the rest of the day. :(

I feel like I'm missing a lot

Shin Lupin Sansei

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 12:04:42 am »
Thanks for the suggestions. My wife is really enjoying the series (she prefers light-hearted Lupin) so it looks like we'll just end up plowing through it. I saw that there's an Italian BD release coming next month. I only have the first set so I may hold off for a US release, if DT can be bothered with it...

GATSU

• Part of the Gang
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 10:11:10 am »
Shin: If you want the ‘77 Lupin, you should get it ASAP. Again, not sure how long it’s gonna be in print here.